Source Code [Updated]

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Source Code [Updated]
Friday, January 18th, 2008 at 5:03 pm
The code is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.

Head over to http://www.rohonline.net/source/ where you can agree to the license and get some instructions for downloading/compiling the source.

We've also moved the code to a git repository hosted on github, you can view it at https://github.com/mitchej123/RealmsCode/

disaron
Re: Source Code
Monday, January 21st, 2008 at 7:57 pm
nice. I'm going to have to learn to code now.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Source Code [Updated]
Sunday, January 27th, 2008 at 2:56 pm
Code has been released Smile

zenox
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 7:02 am
Found a bug. Anyway I can PM you Bane?

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 9:36 am
You can send to both me and Bane, whoever gets to it first will fix it.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

zenox
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 11:31 am
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to write a PM, so I will just post here as its not a Major bug.

What the bug does:
Allows a user to create multiple accounts with the same user name.

How:
Telnet to the mud, choose whatever color and enter a new player name. When asked to hit return DO NOT. Open another connection to the mud and enter the same username. This time hit enter and finish creating the player. Now you can switch back to the other terminal and continue finishing that character. Once completed you will have multiple characters with the same name online.

Currently when a player is created it checks to see if anyone else is in the creation queue with the same name. If they are it disconnects them. But because the first user has not hit return, his name does not yet match.

Possible Fix:
At the end of character creation, check to see if a players file already exists. If so disconnect the current connection. (Also make sure a players file is saved on creation).

delta
Watcher
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 12:13 pm
To send a PM, click on Account >> Mailbox on the left menu.

That bug's known and has been around for a long time - I remember it happening, but with two different players who were apparently fighting for the same name.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 12:27 pm
All fixed! The one check we had for this simply needed to be functionized and called in another place. It now also checks in Create::done when the character's name is assigned. The fix will be live whenever I get around to rebooting next. Thanks for the sharp eyes!

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 at 1:47 am
Some initial files allowing you to run the mud have been released.

These include basic configuration files as well as rooms, monsters, and objects that have been converted from Oceancrest. Click through to the source code to locate the config files.

jamuraan
Sunday, September 7th, 2008 at 3:05 am
oooo i always wanted to see what mud code looked like

Realms ForumAnnouncementsSource Code [Updated]
Page:  ·1· ·2·