Skills are now live!

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Skills are now live!
Friday, August 10th, 2007 at 11:20 am
Skills have been put live. I ran a script and gave all existing characters appropriate skill levels based on their character level. You will gain new skills as you level up. We've done some testing and all skills should be maxed out by the time you get to your next level assuming regular usage.

Skills increase very easy from level 1-10, and from there progressively become slightly more difficult. This way a level 25 doesn't get all of his skill increases at the beginning of their level and instead have it spread out for the entire level.

You can use the 'skills' command to see what skills they currently possess and approximately what level they're at.

The skill levels are "Horrible", "Poor", "Fair", "Decent", "Average", "Talented", "Very Good", "Exceptional", "Master", "Grand Master", "Godlike".

If you notice any bugs: skills you don't have that you can do, skills you have that you can't do, or anything...please post here or let a watcher know.

-Bane

merton
Re: Skills are now live!
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 12:43 am
ok as much as i would like it if you didnt change anything, my cleric assassin now has animate backstab berserk AND bash. I believe I have the skills of both an aramon AND ares cleric/assassin

Like i said, if you dont want to change it I would be willing to accept the additions Mr. Green

merton
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 12:46 am
oh and my rogue no longer has dodge

merton
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 12:47 am
and finally my aramon cleric Zorn has no pray anymore

merton
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 1:41 am
ok i take it you removed pray from aramons and gradius

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 4:12 am
All skills _should_ be the same as they were before. If there are some mistakes, I will fix them.

Also I need character names if you want them fixed, not "my rogue" Smile

-Bane

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 4:57 am
These issues should be fixed, if you notice any more please let me know.

-Bane

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 5:05 am
For a clarification: Skill level right now has simply replaced player level in the formulas. Before it would check your level vs the monsters level for a skill like circle. Now, it checks your skill level vs the monster's level. So if you're level 30, and have poor circle (about a level 5-10) you'll circle like a level 10.

At lower levels (skill levels 10-) you have a higher chance to increase a skill if you fail it. At higher levels you have a higher chance to increase a skill if you succeed with it.

Overall, everything should be approximately the same as it was before skills were put in. We now however can tweak things based on skill level instead of player leavel Smile

Each level you can increase skills 10 times. A level 1 can have a max of 10 in a skill, a level 2, 20, a level 30, 300. To get the effective level of a skill we take how much you have and divide it by 10. So 300/10 = you approximately circle like a level 30 or so. At 150/10 you approximately circle like a level 15.

All players were given (level-1)*10 in their skills to start with.

Helpfiles will be written up soon Smile If you have any questions in the meantime post them here.

-Bane

zerk
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 at 11:35 pm
Posting for Duo

I've tried raising all my skills and some of them I have concern with, mainly the ones that don't seem to raise at all. riposte doesn't seem to raise, dual wield doesnt raise (I don't know how... I've tried wield weapon/second and remove weapon/second) and is there going to be some change to disarm? Because quite frankly I would be going to a longshoreman and pray he wields an iron dagger and keep disarming him... which I think would be pointless if I actually made him drop his weapon and then I'll have to wait again.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Sunday, August 12th, 2007 at 12:19 am
1) Riposte: This is working fine, you've just had bad luck
2) Disarm: I'll retool this in the future
3) Dual wield: The skill is simply put there to let the person use dual wield. In the future I'll add some skill checks, but for now...it won't improve and doesn't do anything except let you use the second command....this will change in the future.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsSkills are now live!
Page:  ·1· ·2·