Planned Outage

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Planned Outage
Sunday, August 5th, 2007 at 11:33 pm
Hey guys, next week (14th - 16th of August) the mud will be down. Leases in Madison usually end in August, so I'll be moving into a new apartment. The mud will get a new IP address, but if you've been connecting through the domain name, this won't be a problem. I'll post here when the mud goes down and when I bring it back up again.

The forum will remain unaffected because it's hosted off-site.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Hanzo
Watcher
Re: Planned Outage
Monday, August 6th, 2007 at 10:56 pm
Please post the IP too. It's possible to resolve it anyways, but I remember a problem I was having before when Teeter was hosting. Using my older settings, I couldn't connect because the domain had ceased to exist, and hence trying to resolve it was futile. However, directly connecting to an IP I was given would work. I have no idea how the IP was originally obtained.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 at 12:03 am
Will do. I recommend the domain because the mud is on a residential connection; my ISP (Charter) can give me a new one whenever they feel like it (which seems to happen whenever my internet takes a crap). A simple ping will let you know the new IP if this ever happens.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 at 5:04 pm
I spoke with my ISP and they claim they won't be able to reconnect service until the 20th because of a pending account at the apartment I'm moving into. I'll see if my landlord can convince the current occupant to tiddy up their internet issues so they can connect my service sooner.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 at 5:50 am
I'm bringing the mud down now. I'll post again when it's back up!

trist
Saturday, August 18th, 2007 at 1:52 pm
eye............poke............cough

any news on when the mud may be back up, or is the 20th a for sure date ?

Poke

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Monday, August 20th, 2007 at 8:55 pm
The mud is up and running! The domain name isn't working just yet - it's been updated by my webhost, but the changes haven't propagated yet (it still points to the old domain). This should probably be fixed in a couple hours (automatically).

The new IP is 66.168.62.96

Realms ForumAnnouncementsPlanned Outage