M/A Sucka!

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bodhi
Watcher
M/A Sucka!
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 5:30 am
Boy does a lvl 14 M/A suck at battle. Fun to play, and useful spells, but useless when it comes to battle. Miss almost every backstab and get fun stuff like this:
(71 H 31 M): sneak t
k tell
c stun tell

Minstrel's Tent

You are in a tent set up by the organizers of the fair.
Obvious exits: out.
You see five fortune tellers (M).
The fortune teller (M) is attacking you.

The fortune teller (M) casts a vigor spell on herself.
(71 H 31 M): You missed.
(71 H 31 M): Stun cast on fortune teller.
The fortune teller (M) avoided the full power of your stun!
(71 H 21 M): k tell
Please wait 2 more seconds.
Please wait 1 more second.
You punched the fortune teller (M) for 4 damage.
(71 H 21 M): c stun tell
Stun cast on fortune teller.
(71 H 11 M): wield storm
You wield a stormblade (+2).
You feel a thunder-like rumble in your hand.
(71 H 11 M): k tell
You slashed the fortune teller (M) for 19 damage.
(71 H 11 M): k tell
Please wait 3 more seconds.
(71 H 11 M): c stun tell
Stun cast on fortune teller.
(71 H 1 M): l tell
You see a fortune teller (M).
She's a wrinkled old gnome with many secrets.
She has quite a few wounds.
She looks very angry at you.
She is attacking you.
She is a little better than you.
(71 H 1 M): k tell
You slashed the fortune teller (M) for 18 damage.
Please wait 3 more seconds.
(71 H 1 M): l tell
You see a fortune teller (M).
She's a wrinkled old gnome with many secrets.
She has quite a few wounds.
She looks very angry at you.
She is attacking you.
She is a little better than you.
(71 H 1 M): An inspiring musician (M) just arrived.
You slashed the fortune teller (M) for 23 damage.
(71 H 1 M): The fortune teller (M) hit you for 23 damage.
(48 H 1 M): rm storm
You removed a stormblade (+2).
(48 H 1 M): flee
(48 H 1 M): flee
You run as your life flashes before your eyes.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: M/A Sucka!
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 5:47 am
I'm thinking that I'm going to make it so mage classes can't have stun resisted, but I want to finish skills first before I mess with mages & fighters. Give me a week or so.

disaron
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 7:05 am
shrug, your stunning something 3 levels higher with high int. shouldnt succeed every time. especially on a multi mage

Monster
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 11:13 amEdits: 1   Last Edit: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:13 am
I think mages and liches should be the only classes that can cast offensive spells. As of right now, there is no point playing a mage when a cleric can do everything better.

Thought for the future, Mages/liches = offensive spells, clerics/paladins/druids = defensive spells, and melee must use potions/bandages/wands/ or mage-made scrolls.

Bodhi
Watcher
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 12:36 pm
Quote:

shrug, your stunning something 3 levels higher with high int. shouldnt succeed every time. especially on a multi mage

Are you dumb? They are only 1 level higher. And, I have 21 intelligence - do you think their's is higher? Plus, that was my second battle out of four that they resisted three stuns in a row. This is just a bit extensive.

I understand that Bane and Dom are working on it. I just like to bring things to attention. Since, after all, you can only expect so much from two people... *ahem* I mean "Gods".

Hanzo
Watcher
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 2:02 pm
Quote:
I'm thinking that I'm going to make it so mage classes can't have stun resisted, but I want to finish skills first before I mess with mages & fighters. Give me a week or so.

I've understood resisting stuns to be primarily related to your level vs. theirs, and being able to stun it well/at all as based on intel.

Right now, from personal experience, I feel you need to be 2 levels above something before you can stun it well, without the risk of it resisting. As for mage/lich, I remember hearing they stun better, and are capable of doing this when they are the same level as the target.

If this is true, I can see expanding upon the range to give pure mages more benefit, with a multiclassed mage maybe getting half as much. So something like:

Mages: flawless stun at 3 levels below target level
Multiclassed mages: flawless stun at same level as target level
Others: flawless stun at 3 levels above target level

Stun is their main offensive skill for leveling, and I wouldn't expect to do any other skill THAT well (like circle, backstab) without being at least 5 levels above, let alone 3 levels below. This seems very generous already.

Giving them a flawless stun at any level would just create the same problems as before saving throws were instituted. People will just start running a level 20 perm with a level 10 mage and 100 wacky weedus. Player duels/player kills will once again become stun first and ask questions later.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 3:53 pm
I said possibly no resists on stun spell, not on stun wand Smile

disaron
Re: Re: M/A Sucka!
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 at 7:30 pm
so does this mean fighters and zerkers get flawless circle? if so im leveling a zerker asap. and bodhi what the hell is with the attitude.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Sunday, July 1st, 2007 at 6:01 am
Fighters/barbs can withstand some hits if their circle fails. Mages are supposed to be good at magic, right now too many other classes are cutting into that. First I"ll eliminate the other classes cutting into it (ie redoing fighters) and then re-tune magic/mages Smile

disaron
Re: Re: M/A Sucka!
Sunday, July 1st, 2007 at 6:27 am
Bane wrote:
Fighters/barbs can withstand some hits if their circle fails. Mages are supposed to be good at magic, right now too many other classes are cutting into that. First I"ll eliminate the other classes cutting into it (ie redoing fighters) and then re-tune magic/mages Smile

well even if stun fails u only have to wait 3 seconds to stun again, so resist will keep it stunned :P

Realms ForumText Caps & StoriesM/A Sucka!
Page:  ·1· ·2·