Dark-elf/darkmetal/darkness

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
disaron
Dark-elf/darkmetal/darkness
Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 at 5:21 am
With oakspire/darkhold being dark, darkmetal being weak to light, and the suggestion of a darkness spell, should dark-elf characters be weak to sunlight as well? I'm not to sure about what the weakness should be, but to counter this weakness you could use the darkness spells. In turn the darkness spell should be on a timer, maybe similar to conjure spell timer, and also darkness should be obsolete in certain rooms or areas. Maybe this is already in the works, but it makes sense, especially sense drow mobs outside of the forest seem to wander during the day hours. Thoughts?

kreig
Re: Dark-elf/darkmetal/darkness
Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 at 6:54 am
Your suggesting another "vampire"? I dunno about this... Even vampires can do well during the day. They lose bite and mist but other then that they are relatively unaffected. Just gotta rock em like a mage I guess.

Making a race weak to sunlight is... difficult... Especially now with all the high evel characters.

I know i'de be mad as hell is my lvl 21 character suddenly became weak during the day.

I vote for races being left alone, class alterations are fine by me as long as they're in moderation. But changing a race is a bit to... "In detail" at this point.

Maybe after a purge or something to that affect.

But all and all I can dig the idea. Maybe dark-elves could be modified to aid lich's during the night? Added casting and having a higher chance of casting around mob/perm throws? You might have to change their stat alterations tho... I can't remember off hand how they go...

But thats my 2 cents.

disaron
Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 at 2:46 pm
its not making another vampire class, its making a class that should be weak to light, weak to light. I also suggested way to overcome this weakness. They aren't weak during daytime, only if they are outdoors, and don't have some sort of darkness spell. Seems pretty fair to me, especially when your puting out +4 and +5 weapons and armor for drow.

kreig
Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 at 6:03 pm
Yea my bad bro'. I don't think I read everything you typed very clearly. I was pretty wasted when I decided to reply. (note to self: Dont drink and post replies)

gank
Friday, June 1st, 2007 at 2:34 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 2:36 pm
Yeah, give them the weakness in sunlight... and while you're at it give them the other drow abilities we all love: spell resistance, cast darkness/faerie fire/dancing lights 1x/day

BTW, if you read in the D&D books, drow only really suffer a -1 penalty on their stuff while in bright light.

:P

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionDark-elf/darkmetal/darkness