Hexenhammer

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
angrod
Hexenhammer
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 12:54 pm
Citizens of Derlith,

Zale the Centurion and I have allied to form a new guild unprecedented in our world. Hexenhammer is an organization whose primary goal is the detection and elimination of witches throughout the empire. In an effort to root out these evil women, we will continually explore the hidden and more sinister areas in our world, and we are interested in having men and women from various backgrounds join our ranks. We welcome those from the god Enoch and Gradius and even wish to recruit traitors from the Dark Lord's ranks.

If you find yourself interested in slaying the malevolent women in our world, feel free to send a message to Zale or myself to be properly sworn in.

OOC- In an attempt to encourage roleplaying we will also require a little more physical (goods) and mental (roleplaying) from our members then what was necessary for many guilds in the past.

delta
Watcher
Re: Hexenhammer
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 12:59 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Sat, 5 May 2007 1:00 pm
Dear Angrod and Zale of Hexenhammer,

I believe that you have an honorable goal, but Gradius and his priests do not wish to be involved in your guild's mission. Gradius is much more oriented towards the creation of mines, construction of stone works, and worship of the earth. Gradius wishes not to be involved in the slaying of evil women, and prefers to leave that to the forces of Enoch, who tend to embark in these sillier purposes. Why, on Earth, kill when you can create from what Gradius has given you? Now if this guild was dedicated to the slaying of all women of vile races, then Gradius might consider sending out his priests.

Sincerely,

Delta the Dwarven Earth Master, Priest of Gradius

angrod
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 1:06 pm
If indeed you are truthful in saying that our goal is honorable and true, then why not support it with aid of arms and mind? I am no priest of Gradius, but have spent considerable time in discussion with various Dwarves in your keep of Ironguard. Most of the citizens I met seemed upstanding and well-aligned people of morality and yet they would stand for their priests not to ensure their protection? These witches of Derlith are not a danger just to the few, and if allowed to weave there web of corruption over the land it will not take long before they are cursing and ruining what you Dwarves have built.

One must understand that preventative measures against these women is the only force that will ultimately keep Ironguard and its inhabitants in relative peace.

Good Day to you Delta Earth Master.

delta
Watcher
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 2:33 pm
Dear Angrod of Hexenhammer,

I stated that your goal is honorable because you have set your mind to it, and are willing to follow through. Gradius respects this resolve, which reminds him of the solidity of stone, though he does not agree with the motive. The citizens of the venerable Ironguard Keep are well-aligned by nature, though not by force, which is the case for the citizens of Sigil. Many dwarven warriors are well-aligned because they slay the evil orcs, trolls, goblins, giants, and ogres of Derlith, not because Gradius forces it upon us. Furthermore, we are upstanding citizens because we act as a unified race, which is necessary in order to keep peace in a rowdy ale-loving city, and to construct giant stone works, of which no dwarf could build alone.

The difference between Enoch and Gradius is that while followers of Enoch are good-aligned because their god will smite them otherwise, followers of Gradius are often good-aligned because of the love for what Gradius has created. In this same manner, while Enoch followers may find endless pleasure in slaying evil witches, Gradius followers derive no pleasure from such deeds, and would only kill evil women if a horde of them invaded Ironguard.

I hope this helps you understand the culture of the dwarves and the religion of Gradius a little better.

Yours truly,

[OOC: OMG, imagine a horde of PMS-ing witches invading you. I'd flee.]

angrod
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 3:30 pm
Lord Delta,

I can respect and appreciate your cultural views and the religion of Gradius. You mention that Gradius and your order would only take action if directly threatened, but you must realize that the danger of witches are quite closer to the people of Ironguard than previously known. The dreaded Zelda has moved her home from the vile city of Woodinville and made her new den of evil very close to your keep in Ironguard. She takes refuge in the woods of the werewolves but one can only assume that she may one day attempt a push out of the woods and into a new endeavor. Imagine her blasting her way through the noble gates of the keep and raining terror down on your inhabitants. While I am quite sure that the dwarves would rally against such an offensive, this and many others could be averted by pledging yourself to the cause of ridding these potential enemies in our world.

The best defense my friend is a strong offense.

Angrod of Hexenhammer

delta
Watcher
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 3:43 pm

I understand your concern for wiping out the evil of the world, particularly evil in the form of witches that disguise themselves as harmless women. Rest assured, though, that Ironguard Keep is very well defended, and the dwarves of the Keep are currently adding fortifications. If Zelda or any other witche dares to approach Ironguard Keep, I will personally lead a force of dwarves out to rout her and all of her kind.

Until then, brave Angrod, best wishes to you and your guild in your journeys.

Delta the Earth Master, Priest of Gradius

angrod
Saturday, May 5th, 2007 at 4:31 pm
Lord Delta,

I appreciate your kind words. I thank you for the spirited debate and I hope that maybe sometime soon we might share in one of your kind's famous brews.

Angrod

disaron
Sunday, May 6th, 2007 at 2:28 am
ooc- delta is just scared to join a guild. WUSS.

delta
Watcher
Sunday, May 6th, 2007 at 11:31 am

I enjoyed the debate just as much. We dwarves are a stubborn lot, as you may have noticed. The dwarves of Ironguard Keep are constructing a new bar in the keep, and when it is finished, we shall name a beer after you. Come drink any time in your adventures.

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionHexenhammer