This is going to sound weird, but I'm writing a book

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Jacko
This is going to sound weird, but I'm writing a book
Monday, September 18th, 2017 at 5:54 pm
I'm using my experience playing RoH as inspiration for a book I'm writing about a young guy who has to solve a real murder by logging into an underground MMO to finding the killer.

I don't want to make a RoH fanfiction, or lift any content that's owned by the people who've contributed to RoH for the lat twenty years. And I'm trying to figure out how much I can use as inspiration, without crossing a line where I get sued by Ocelot.

Do you guys have any advice for me for what's fair to use, and what's not? I'm thinking I can change the names and the lore, but keep the spirit alive of playing Realms of Hell back in the day. I've decided to call it Abaddon Online, and called the starting city Bridgeport. Yeah, I'm really reaching, I know.

huklebuc
Re: This is going to sound weird, but I'm writing a boo
Thursday, September 21st, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Feel free to use any of my chars, as long as I get partial credit Whee!

Jacko
Re: This is going to sound weird, but I'm writing a boo
Friday, September 22nd, 2017 at 4:06 am
Everyone on RoH gets a free copy, if that's good enough.

I'm uploading chapters to this site for free as I go along.

http://royalroadl.com/user/profile/69357/fictions

A young man's virtual life and real life become inextricably entwined when a player named Surewinter reaches out to him for help on a popular VRPG game, only to be discovered dead the next morning—her body washed up face down in a canal.

Now a suspect, he's forced to navigate Abaddon Online, an illegal underground VR game where what's real and what's virtual is sometimes hard to discern, and clear his name before he becomes the next victim. He must earn the trust of a new guild, grow more powerful by advancing in the game as fast as he can, overcome the players set to kill him, and keep the true killer from knowing that he's closing in.

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionThis is going to sound weird, but I'm writing a book