Yo, I installed Windows Vista

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
delta
Watcher
Yo, I installed Windows Vista
Friday, April 13th, 2007 at 4:16 amEdits: 1   Last Edit: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 4:17 am
Let the flaming begin... Whack

Anyways, I got a free key for Vista Business, and I decided to try it out. Although originally I vowed to not install that POSOS (Piece Of Shit Operating System), it works surprisingly well. It's definitely an improvement over Windows XP, and though you might debate that OS X or Linux is better:

1) Linux is beyond the mental capabilities of 95% of the population.

2) Macs are PIECES OF SHIT. They break continuously (I know, since I have to fix them everyday), and whatever cool features it had have been jacked by Vista, so there is no longer a purpose for OS X Tiger. And no, I'm not a Microsoft fanboy. I think the Zune is the ugliest brick ever created - but it's just that Macs still suck. XP

*** Finishes venting his daily frustrations on the RoH forum ***

Anyways, if you're thinking of upgrading to Vista, I say give it a shot. My system is:

Thinkpad T60 Laptop
Core Duo 2.0 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
128 MB ATI Radeon X1400
100 GB 7200 RPM HD

My laptop received a 4.0/5.0 rating for Vista, mainly because the video card is a little slow. The advantage of having a Thinkpad is that Lenovo has updated Vista drivers. A lot of other people with unfortunate manufacturers have semi-functioning Vistas.

Poke <- poke at the DMs, who hate Vista.

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Re: Yo, I installed Windows Vista
Sunday, May 20th, 2007 at 6:52 pm
I despise MS Vista. It breaks as often if not more often than Windows 98 did for me.
Fuck Vista. I'll install it maybe if it's still around in a year and im not a complete Linux fanboy by then.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Realms ForumNon-Game DiscussionYo, I installed Windows Vista