New Code

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
New Code
Sunday, January 10th, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Delayed Actions
The mud can now handle delayed actions. That is, you start something now and finish it later. If you've ever been fishing (in-game), then you know what this is all about.

Searching in rooms Gargantuan or larger (the overland is considered Colossal) or tracking in rooms Huge or larger will now be considered delayed actions. For example, if you can normally search every 5 seconds, you will start searching and must wait 5 seconds to finish. If you normally search every 3 seconds, you only have to wait 3 seconds.

You'll notice that, after you finish searching/tracking, you may immediately start again.
: sea
You begin searching.
-- three seconds pass --
: You found some herbs!
-- there is no delay here --
: sea
You begin searching.

Teaching Your Character
You can now find books / scrolls that will increase your skills and to teach your character new languages. You will notice that this new code relies on delayed actions. Smile

: study tome
You begin studying the leather tome.
: tap
You tap your foot impatiently.
: You finish studying the leather tome.
Your understanding of Hide has improved.
The leather tome disintegrates!

It will be a little bit before these start to show up in the world.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

luminaire
Re: New Code
Sunday, January 10th, 2010 at 7:59 pm
The delayed search will really be key in Assassin/(bs'er) PvP now...No one can enter a room and instantly find you. So you'll have time to attack between the time it takes to search & finish.

With that in mind, do you forsee that as an issue? As in:
You see Soandso begin to search.
sn e
You sneak east.
In this case, a wiley character could get away before a would-be one-man search army discovers him...

Personally, I think it's greatness Smile

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Sunday, January 10th, 2010 at 9:00 pm
That's pretty cool! I hadn't thought of that, but I like how it works. Most indoor rooms that have a size set are either Large or Huge, so assassins will be easier to find indoors.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Sunday, January 10th, 2010 at 9:03 pm
This is why spells like glitterdust (room effect) and faerie-fire (individual target) could be needed....hit an assassin with that shit and they cant hide! :P
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Realms ForumAnnouncementsNew Code