Yearly Outage

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Yearly Outage
Sunday, June 7th, 2009 at 1:05 am
Hi guys! The yearly mud outage is coming up, and I wanted to let you all know that it's going to be less severe this year.

Normally it takes me a few days to get everything moved and set up, which means we usually transfer the mud to Bane's computer while I'm moving. However, this year I can move into my new place early. I'll be moving the mud sometime between July 1st and August 14th - I'm not sure when, it all depends on how the transfer of my internet account goes - from my current apartment to my new one. I'll literally be carrying the server across the parking lot Smile

I'll keep you all posted when move-out/in day is closer.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Re: Yearly Outage
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 at 3:46 pm
Ok everyone, I've got an official time period for you.

Charter is moving my internet from the old apartment to the new apartment sometime between 8am and 10am (Central) on Thursday, July 16th. They'll probably do it without warning, so if you disconnect and can't reconnect - that's why. As soon as it's hooked up at the new place, I'll move the router and the Linux box over and set them up again.

Assuming everything goes according to plan, the domain name (mud.rohonline.net) should update shortly after the Linux box is online again. If you aren't normally on between 8am - 10am, you probably won't notice that anything has changed. Smile

I plan on staying in this new apartment for a couple years, so this should be the last of the yearly outages for a few years. Anyway, I've still got a week or two of moving left to do, so hopefully I can get back to working on the mud sometime soon.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Re: Yearly Outage
Thursday, July 16th, 2009 at 9:12 am
Everything has been moved to the new apartment! The domain name was updated, but those take a few hours to propagate across the internet. My IP is 24.177.120.121 if you want to connect directly.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsYearly Outage