Faction and Shops

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Faction and Shops
Thursday, April 9th, 2009 at 9:43 am
I intend to start hooking up shops (including pawn shops) to faction so that you can get the discount for having good faction. I'll do this over the next few days.

However, this also means you'll get a penalty for bad faction. If the Highport Guard hates you, you won't be able to use the pawn shop by the clinic. Something to think about. If you find you have terrible faction, you have a few days to start working on it.

Also - if you think some factions are too hard to raise (nobody gives you Highport Guard faction) post about it here and I'll look into it. And don't complain about Highport - none of the mobs in the university hurt your faction right now Smile
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Usagi
Re: Faction and Shops
Friday, April 10th, 2009 at 4:50 am
Glad to see this is in the works! Goblins give generous Highport faction.

The only factions that could use some good mobs are for Firedrake Tribes and Blackrock Pirates. Unless we are all destined to be unconditionally hated by them! But I'd think an Orc should be able to do something to gain good standing with the Firedrake Tribes.

It took me about a month to be worshipped with all the factions (excluding those two mentioned above and the lake serpents). I don't think that's too much of a hassle, if you're going to make factions offer worthy rewards. There's no point in making it too easily attainable -- except for maybe the major city factions like Highport, Druidwood, Sigil ... which all already have good faction mobs. At this point, it's just about knowing which mobs to camp for gaining factions efficiently.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: Faction and Shops
Friday, April 10th, 2009 at 7:13 am
Usagi wrote:
The only factions that could use some good mobs are for Firedrake Tribes and Blackrock Pirates.

Firedrakes probably, but not Blackrock. There are rewards for being liked by the pirates, so it should be hard to get!

Highport faction is an interesting one. In reality, you should be penalized for killing the poor farmers and university students, but without an easy way to earn it back, I don't want to add faction to those mobs yet. Plus Oce said he wants like 4 different Highport factions. That might be too much to keep track of.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Friday, April 10th, 2009 at 8:57 am
Rooms are flagged with the appropriate faction, now!

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Friday, April 10th, 2009 at 9:32 am
Because faction is taking a bigger role, I'm removing alignment's influence on luck for most classes. Alignment still matters for paladins, deathknights, clerics, and liches. If you are a different class, then being either extreme good or extreme evil will not change your character's ability to hit or cast spells.

Note that your alignment can still affect what objects you can use and if monsters will attack you or not.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsFaction and Shops