Assault of Ironguard Keep

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Assault of Ironguard Keep
Sunday, May 18th, 2008 at 3:56 pm
The Wizard's Eye has been investigating strange disturbances in the normal flow of time. The head mages think that someone is trying to create a rift in time, which would have unthinkable consequences. Some of the mages think that it is Igmoo the Mad at work again, but most agree that only someone from the future would possess such powers.

Unknownst to the mages, the future is actually trying to reach back to the past - the current world - to help out in their warfare. in the future, 500 years after the fall of Bordia, the great fortress of the dwarves, Irongard Keep, is under assault by an unified army of orcs, goblins, and trolls. Constant warfare has actually caused technology to regress, and both of the armies are so desperate for assistance that they are ignoring the potential consequences of their actions. The dwarven wizards are clamoring for strong-bodied dwarves and other righteous warriors to join their forces against the vile; on the other side, the forces of evil are trying to gain as much power as possible before their assault.

[OOC]: If there are a sufficient number of players online, there will be DM-led quest tonight at around 9-10 PM CST called the "Assault of Ironguard Keep." You can pick a side to fight on, and either lead the forces of good or the armies of evil to victory. The treasures, experience, and gold you find are yours to keep!

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Re: Assault of Ironguard Keep
Monday, May 19th, 2008 at 10:44 am
Dwarven wizards! BAH!!!!!
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

disaron
Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 at 12:55 am
This was fun for the most part, but I had a few things...

Whoever built this pust a good amount of time into it, it was well done and looked good. The thing that I didn't like about it is that it was way fast moving. Like as soon as I walked in there were tons of mobs, and so I couldn't read any decriptions or see what the hell was going on. Also, when opposing mobs were attacking each other, they wouldn't hit you whatsoever. I was in a room with 20 things attacking me but was never hit once (I guess Enoch was protecting me! :-D). Also, It would have been interesting to battle against other players who were on the opposing side. Other then that I thought it was well done, and hope to see more of this. Thanks

Jacko
Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 at 1:57 am
Yeah it seemed buggy. I tried to join the dark side but was lumped with everyone else anyway and aggro'd by the orcs.

I remember an old DM run quest where we had to sneak into a house and assassinate some guy. I'd like to play that one if it still exists. There was one where barbarians or pirates tried to sack highport, that was a good one too.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsAssault of Ironguard Keep