Group experience and Invisiblity changes

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Group experience and Invisiblity changes
Thursday, March 20th, 2008 at 2:14 pm
Copied from help changes

* You will no longer get group experience if you are invisible when
the monster is killed.

* IMPORTANT: Invisbility will now fade when you cast any spell on
someone who is in combat. This includes non offensive spells like vigor,
protection etc.

disaron
Re: Group experience and Invisiblity changes
Thursday, March 20th, 2008 at 11:33 pm
Personally I think grp xp is a little much, and people are exploiting it. I dislike the fact that its much harder to solo now, and its not really worth it to. I can no longer kill A LOT of things I was previously able to solo, yet mages are getting to 20 in no time by grping and doing nothing.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, March 20th, 2008 at 11:36 pm
Hense the reason for the invis changes.

I'm also adjusting the aggro system so that it will keep track of what was done during the combat and require mages/clerics to have done something productive to get group exp.

zerk
Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 1:00 am
well disaron dont think that i just sat around doing nothing and invis. I basically hit and took hits all day long. It' just with stoneskin and armor, and the right mob, i was able to take it with the backup and support of teammates. I didn't do the same damage as other players but i did do my share of viging (though my vig sux). I do agree with you that soloing is quite hard now, and clerics are a bit nerfed until 2.5, but they do still do wonders in group.

zerk
Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 1:01 am
there wasnt a single time that during my lvls on bandit that i just invised and and sat back.

disaron
Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 2:05 am
Don't be so defensive. I didn't mention anyone in particular, but it was obvious people were doing this due to the change.

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 1:26 pm
I think there arent even enough people here to make generalizations like that "everybody" is exploiting. Because of that, it's obvious why they would think you meant them. Doesn't matter. Everybody settle down. In any case, it's a new system, this is a BETA mud, and we'll get it all figured out as time goes by. No reason to panic. These are growing pains. Please keep helping us out with this kind of information.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

disaron
Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 5:35 pm
People can get offended all they want, but there were changes because it was happening. Look how fast people are leveling now. There will be a bunch of level 25+ in no time with the only problems being gold. I can't even kill in places where I normally killed since LEVEL 16! I can't solo things that I needle. I understand that the magic changes will help, but how is a cleric to heal AND cast? It just doesn't work that way. I'll figure out something else to play, just don't know what yet.

advan
Friday, March 21st, 2008 at 8:58 pm
How about this for group exp split?

Clerics/Viggers in group get exp based on the amount of healing they do. This would be similar to them dealing damage to the mob. So the more they heal the more exp they get. But they can't just sit there and do nothiing and get free exp. Or just vig once and get almost 80% exp. They also get exp for dealing damage but of course they don't hit as hard as fighting classes. But the exp is relative to amount healing vs amount of HP of the mob.

300HP mob = 2000xp
Player 1 = 150 point of damage Fighter
Player 2 = 100 points of damage Thief
Player 3 = 50 points of damange Cleric

Amount of healing
Player 1 = 10pts of healing Fighter
Player 2 = 10pts of healing Thief
Player 3 = 80pts of healing Cleric

Group Exp Split
Player 1 = (150/300 + 10/300) x 2000 + *group bonus* = 1070
Player 2 = (100/300 + 10/300) x 2000 + *group bonus* = 733
Player 2 = (50/300 + 80/300) x 2000 + *group bonus* = 866