New Combat System

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bodhi
Watcher
Re: New Combat System
Monday, March 10th, 2008 at 3:39 am
Isn't the idea, though, that if you are significantly higher level than the mob (ie. Disaron 23 and Slains 16 - difference of 7 levels), you will now be able to kill these mobs more easily? So, even if you get 80% of your regular experience, you will actually level the same or maybe even quicker if you hit/dodge for more now?

Just an honest question, not an accusation, in case anyone thinks I am attacking the feedback.

-Bodhi

zerk
Monday, March 10th, 2008 at 5:00 am
well with current weapons in the game... no we dont mass murder them =( mass murder hp market yes. me mass murder slains with a few swings.. no.

disaron
Re: Re: New Combat System
Monday, March 10th, 2008 at 8:09 pm
Bodhi wrote:
Isn't the idea, though, that if you are significantly higher level than the mob (ie. Disaron 23 and Slains 16 - difference of 7 levels), you will now be able to kill these mobs more easily? So, even if you get 80% of your regular experience, you will actually level the same or maybe even quicker if you hit/dodge for more now?

Just an honest question, not an accusation, in case anyone thinks I am attacking the feedback.

-Bodhi

Yea but this doesnt take into account spawn speed. Thats all. I agree that its a good idea, some of us just need to stop being lazy and help build, myself included.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, March 11th, 2008 at 3:00 pm
The current plan is to put version 2.40 live on Thursday March 13th. I'm out of town tomorrow so today isn't a good idea.

-Bane

Bodhi
Watcher
Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 at 9:30 pm
The level range on experience means if you are ABOVE the monster by 5 levels you get 80%, right? Because, I would imagine that if you are killing a monster 5+ levels above you, you should get an exp BONUS if anything, not reduction...

Just checking.

-Bodhi

zerk
Re: Re: New Combat System
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 at 12:19 am
Bodhi wrote:
The level range on experience means if you are ABOVE the monster by 5 levels you get 80%, right? Because, I would imagine that if you are killing a monster 5+ levels above you, you should get an exp BONUS if anything, not reduction...

Just checking.

-Bodhi

I may be wrong, but i think the reason they did that is to prevent someone say me totally powerlvling a lower char easily. heh.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 at 2:20 pm
It's the absolute value of level difference. A level 1 killing someone 15 levels higher than him will have the penalty as well. I don't see this being much of a problem in practice, but i had to cover that possible exploitation hole when I was putting in group experience.

Anyway, here's the new exp adjustment tables. We'll try these for now, and adjust them as we go along:

Within 5 levels: 100%
6 - 8 levels = 90%
8 - 10 = 70%
10 - 15 = 50%
15 - 25 = 25%
25+ = 10%

Realms ForumAnnouncementsNew Combat System
Page:  ·1· ·2·