Unplanned outage - 08/16/2020

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Unplanned outage - 08/16/2020
Sunday, August 16th, 2020 at 7:47 pm
Folks while updating the unraid server I ran into an issue and had to revert back.
In doing so, I found an interesting "feature" in that it wiped all the VMs out -_-.

So I'm in the process of getting everything back now from backup. Should back tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for the mess.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Fubar
Re: Unplanned outage - 08/16/2020
Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 10:28 am
godspeed~ finger itching......

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 2:05 pm
Prob be sometime tonight when Bane is free.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

huklebuc
Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Bane will NEVER be free!!! Evil Evil Evil

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 11:22 pm
Sorry dude. He'll be free tomorrow. Only reason hasn't happened tonight is the unraid array had to run a parity check all day, and it's just gotten too late for tonight.

All the data has been restored from like 7PM CST yesterday. Just waiting on the system to be further configured with docker, etc, to get the MUD up and running. That's his territory. Bane should get to it tomorrow.

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 at 12:01 am
N/M I lied. It's back again. Now you can get your fix without resorting to meth. Smile

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 at 9:49 am
Well folks, the damn thing is down again. This time it decided to crash the virtual machine manager and it hosed the operating system install, so I'm having to rebuild things back to the same state. Unfortunately, that requires another stupid 5+ hour parity check/rebuild.

Should be back this evening or tomorrow. -_-

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 at 10:16 am
False alarm. It recovered itself.

It's all good. If there's a further problem that turns out to be catastrophic (and there probably won't be, based on what I'm seeing now), backups run every 2 hours, and we'd be back up within 24 hours, probably sooner.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsUnplanned outage - 08/16/2020