On behalf of Jose

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
huklebuc
On behalf of Jose
Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Jose had 2 chars, Moog and Kappa, who were leveling at ogres when they got logged off. When he logged back in on them, they were both in jail. He is wondering why they were jailed with no warning. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but this is for Jose...

Evil Evil Evil

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Re: On behalf of Jose
Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Pretty simple. Read the policy. No robots. No multiple logging, without permission. I did not give permission for multiple logging, and nobody else told me they did. Regardless, no robots stands anyway. Those chars will be in there for a week. After that, I will free them.

Multiple warnings had already been given, and blatantly ignored. I saw no reason to discuss the matter further, hence no warning.

I've seen people say "the more things change the more they stay the same.." and "I'm not gonna put up with their tyranny.."

They are right. The more they change the more they do stay the same. Once again, somebody blatantly breaks the few rules we have, then when forced to account for their actions, they do not take responsibility and scream about tyranny. Yes that is definitely more of the same. You are perfectly free to not put up with this "tyranny"....It is no skin off my back.

As I said. One week.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

huklebuc
Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 6:02 pm
Mors Tyrannis!!!!
Horse Horse Horse

sulik
Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 6:10 pm
Thank you Huk for posting this. I appreciate you.

-Sulik

sulik
Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 7:03 pm
I've played on ROH since 1998, during dial-up era. It was different then. Kids these days... don't play mud. We are all in our 30's and its 2020. Bane is a dad and we are all looking for distraction as covid19 envelopes our country.

Our dynamic hasn't changed over the last 25 years. The communication has been set and it needs change. We are old enough to be able to talk it out, instead of this one way system. I will be straightforward, since time is so valuable:

Revisit these 'rules', since ROH is not set in the same setting as when those rules were first created. Aside from Mithas' perm run, no one is on. There's no forum activity. There's no harm in what I am doing. I would even say, its an improvement than no one being on. Let me play the game in a manner that fits my lifestyle? Surely, none of us have the time to sit here like in our childhood and crank out 'k target' for hours. That's not sustainable and not what we look for in video game time. We want more folks on right? If you reference the logs, there's more activity on ROH with said autonomous action occuring.

I'll admit its botting, multilogging, and it's against the rules. But it's the only way I can play now and these toons give folks a reason to stay logged on. It's a heck a lot more inviting than logging on and finding no one.

If u can let my actions slide, I won't abuse it for pvp. Otherwise, thanks for keeping it going. It was fun! P.S. Mithas bots as well.

huklebuc
Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 11:53 pm
P.S. He might still be botting with Khan + Sauce

sulik
Re: Re: On behalf of Jose
Saturday, March 14th, 2020 at 10:58 am
huklebuc wrote:

Don't group with the toons and set spawn triggers if you are accusing them of botting. You are doing the exact same thing and should receive the same punishment.

Be on for longer than 2 minutes before you make assumptions.

huklebuc
Re: Re: Re: On behalf of Jose
Saturday, March 14th, 2020 at 11:47 am
sulik wrote:
huklebuc wrote:

Don't group with the toons and set spawn triggers if you are accusing them of botting. You are doing the exact same thing and should receive the same punishment.

Be on for longer than 2 minutes before you make assumptions.

I was not setting spawn triggers, I was not doing the exact same thing, I guess it just sucks to be you rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: On behalf of Jose
Saturday, March 14th, 2020 at 3:36 pm
sulik wrote:
I've played on ROH since 1998, during dial-up era. It was different then. Kids these days... don't play mud. We are all in our 30's and its 2020. Bane is a dad and we are all looking for distraction as covid19 envelopes our country.

Our dynamic hasn't changed over the last 25 years. The communication has been set and it needs change. We are old enough to be able to talk it out, instead of this one way system. I will be straightforward, since time is so valuable:

Revisit these 'rules', since ROH is not set in the same setting as when those rules were first created. Aside from Mithas' perm run, no one is on. There's no forum activity. There's no harm in what I am doing. I would even say, its an improvement than no one being on. Let me play the game in a manner that fits my lifestyle? Surely, none of us have the time to sit here like in our childhood and crank out 'k target' for hours. That's not sustainable and not what we look for in video game time. We want more folks on right? If you reference the logs, there's more activity on ROH with said autonomous action occuring.

I'll admit its botting, multilogging, and it's against the rules. But it's the only way I can play now and these toons give folks a reason to stay logged on. It's a heck a lot more inviting than logging on and finding no one.

If u can let my actions slide, I won't abuse it for pvp. Otherwise, thanks for keeping it going. It was fun! P.S. Mithas bots as well.

The rules were already re-visited. One week. Thx.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Arcen
Watcher
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 at 12:52 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:55 pm

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionOn behalf of Jose