Player Feedback Survey

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
nikola
Re: Player Feedback Survey
Thursday, January 11th, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Thanks for the additional feedback. I'm looking for new ways to make the game more accessible to newer and lower level players and will take all of this into account.

One of the things I've already done is add in low level spell shops to help new players get all the basic spells without having to hunt them down. I'm also actively adding bigger starting areas for new players in a new town that's in the works. What I may end up doing is using a mix of NPC dialog and room level restrictions to guide players to areas they should be. I'm not going to overdo it on the restrictions; however. Sometimes the only way to learn you shouldn't be some where is to get smashed on the head by something mean.

As Bane has stated: player wipe isn't likely going to happen unless the active player population grows and is consistent for a period of time. Even then it would have to be discussed at length.

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, January 11th, 2018 at 8:21 pm
We have too much code to finish/fix before a wipe could happen. It's more than just lack of players. However, despite being right, Bane still sucks :p

A WORKING WEB EDITOR WOULD BE NICE. *cough*
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Jacko
Friday, January 12th, 2018 at 4:27 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 4:28 pm
A working web editor is what I'd like the most, but I know finding time is tough.

The game has always had a bit of a rough progression, with levels I would call a bit of a doldrum, when you're either risking your life fighting things that are a bit too challenging, or bored to tears fighting things that are too easy. And a lot of that has to do with gold and weapons, since grinding in a high xp area that doesn't drop gold is going to set you back even further, since gold and weapons are so vital to level progression.

I just hope we can keep plugging those holes, and adding new things that help people progress through the game while having fun. It should feel challenging, but not like work.

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionPlayer Feedback Survey
Page:  ·1· ·2·