Armor list:

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
luminaire
Re: Armor list:
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 at 4:23 amEdits: 5   Last Edit: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 2:33 pm
Okay, I'm done with the armor list as far as it relates to recording armor pieces and prices...as such I ran a summation of how much it will cost me to buy one of every piece of armor so that I can record their respective armor values. The grand total you ask? That would be $5,832,243 (not counting the $1,000,000 for red dragonscale) to buy one of everything from the following locations:

Highport
Caladon
Druidwood
Sigil
Niamei
Hampton
Kenner
Woodenville
Durgas Falls
Tradetown
Ironguard
Gnomebarrow
Ruhrdan
Eldinwood
Oakspire

Take note that I couldn't find any shops selling armor in:

Ahoni
Drakken
Breakwater
Bergen
Baladus Stockade
Schnai
Kab'tung Oasis

If you know of an armor shop I may have left out please feel free to let me know so that I can add it...but as you can see this isn't going to be a cheap venture -- so anyone that wants to help fund my scholarly pursuits, your contribution will be most appreciated.

Thanks Smile

Edit: an unfortunate oversight that I just realized is that prices are now somewhat influenced by faction -- this means I'm going to have to get new prices for some shops to make sure I have the neutral price :/

Usagi
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 at 6:23 pm
I would offer to purchase armor for you with Plu, seeing that she is worshipped with all the factions, but alas I'm not always available.

And thus, I have gone ahead and transferred $6,000,000 gold to Luminaire. I hope these funds will suffice for your mission for the greater good Smile
Usagi <27> Werewolf. Sexy furball.
Plu <40> Mage/Thief. Pickpocketing for justice.
Ulp <40> Cleric (Ares). Lifts a ton, but can't spell it.
Miko <40> Cleric/Assassin (Aramon). She uses teeth.
Nili <40> Cleric (Gradius). Bearded woman.

luminaire
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 at 7:24 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 7:27 pm
Thank you for your generous contribution.

I just finished uploading all the info to a MS Access database and messed around with filtering the info I have so far...pretty interesting stuff. I'm currently working through buying and testing each piece of armor - HP and Caladon 100% complete -- next up is Sigil & Druidwood.

When all is said and done it will be pretty handy to have around:

"hey...what's the best set of large plate armor that i can buy from npc shops?"

- filter large
- filter plate
- sort armor value descending
= viola!

(i haven't decided whether or not to classify each piece by wear location due to the fact that it will take a little bit of extra work -- if i do this, then it would allow you to filter what you want to find for specific pieces...so might be worth it)

"hey...where can i buy pieces of 'small' 'chain' armor?

- filter small
- filter chain
= answers galore

(as you might imagine, there aren't many places to buy small chain armor)

But you get my point.

luminaire
Monday, March 29th, 2010 at 1:04 pm
I've completed the list...with 2 exceptions. I'm going to need someone to either tell me where to get the reduce/enlarge spell/potions (since I stopped playing long before they were introduced) or to cast it on me so that I can wear some armor that has level/skill requirements.

huklebuc
Monday, March 29th, 2010 at 3:06 pm
I can do both for you, let me know the next time you log on.

luminaire
Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 at 4:21 pm
List is done and uploaded to Google Docs as a spreadsheet. For reference I added the link to the wiki and will try to figure out the best way to display the info on the actual wiki page later...if it turns out that the best way is just to leave it as it is then that's what I'll do.

If anyone wants the MS Access file I'd be more than happy to email it since it has 10x more functionality than the spreadsheet.

Also if anyone notices any shops missing please let me know.

RoH Armor List

Jacko
Thursday, April 1st, 2010 at 1:29 pm
I absolutely love it. I would love to get weight and durability too, since those play a big part in the balance, but I understand the difficulty in that.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 10:46 pm
I fixed a bunch of the broken armor in the list you put together. I also added some cloth armor to the two wizard's guilds (The Wizard's Eye, Veneficus Atrum) that mages will be interested in.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

luminaire
Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 at 2:55 am
Cool. If you want write-access to the doc let me know.

Realms ForumQuestionsArmor list:
Page:  ·1· ·2·