Hiou has been jailed

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Hiou has been jailed
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 at 6:40 pm
Hiou and his bard Agrias have been jailed for exploiting what was clearly a bug with haggle and reclaim. Per examining the log files his bard sold and reclaim the same item for over an hour on multiple occasions netting himself at least 51 million gold.

If anyone else has abused this bug...I suggest you come forward now and return your ill-gotten gains or we'll continuing scouring the log file and find you anyway.

We'll have it fixed soon...and the logs continue, so don't consider exploiting it...we'll catch you Smile

-Bane

Hiou
Re: Hiou has been jailed
Saturday, October 17th, 2009 at 3:24 am
Hiou is sorry Sad Hiou be good now

there's gold in hiou's account which is all tainted, as well as 5mil in gestahl's acct. The other 51mil was on agrias.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Monday, October 19th, 2009 at 2:39 pm
Hiou has repaid his gold, and has been released on the condition he reports future bugs instead of abuses them. Future abuse will result in the dusting of all of his characters.

-Bane

zerk
Monday, October 19th, 2009 at 8:34 pm
should've given all the gold to zerk! zerk likes the free meals in jail. lol jk =)

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 at 7:10 am
Hiou has been jailed again.

Bane wrote:
Hiou ... has been released on the condition he reports future bugs instead of abuses them.

Hiou discovered a way into Voodan, an area that is not finished and is of mediocre quality. It was quite apparent that Hiou was aware of this fact. Rather than report it the first time he was in Voodan, or even the second time he found the place, he tried to get around the safeguards put in place to keep people out of unfinished areas (you can't teleport in, you relog to the Origin).

This is normally not a jailable offense - discovering a closed section of the mud - but it clearly violates the terms under which Hiou was recently released from jail.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 at 1:53 pm
The minor bug has been fixed in the code so players can no longer enter rooms under construction, and the bug where you could continue to port yourself with no teleports has been fixed.

As such, I've released Hiou, and he'll be sure to post any new possible bugs on the forums :P

Realms ForumAnnouncementsHiou has been jailed