Bugfix: Rangers & Heavy Armor

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Bugfix: Rangers & Heavy Armor
Thursday, October 15th, 2009 at 2:13 pm
This hasn't gone live yet, but will within the next few days.

Apparently Rangers have been able to use all of their skills while wearing heavy armor, this was never intended. The original idea was to allow rangers to use Heavy Armor, but sacrifice most of their skills (like F/T), but the code wasn't working properly.

I've now adjusted it so that Rangers can no longer sneak, ambush, track or dual wield while wearing heavy armor.

All of these skills are still 100% functional when using light or medium armor.

Additionally, in order to prevent people from rm all ; wield ; ambush ; wear all....I've made it so Rangers and F/T can no longer equip heavy armor if they're in the middle of combat...They're too busy fighthing to fumble around with heavy armor!

-Bane

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Bugfix: Rangers & Heavy Armor
Thursday, October 15th, 2009 at 2:14 pm
This will go live with version 2.44b

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, October 15th, 2009 at 6:41 pm
Please refer to: http://forums.rohonline.net/topic/1075/#3029 under the Plate section.

huklebuc
Thursday, October 15th, 2009 at 7:02 pm
I have no problem with this seeing as how it makes perfect sense that a ranger wearing plate armor would be too bulky and cumbersome to sneak and ambush. Hopefully there will be some new leather and chain armor put in comparable to primevil serpentine plate armor to make up for the loss of wearing plate armor *cough dom cough* It would also help other classes that can't wear plate such as thieves and some clerics.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsBugfix: Rangers & Heavy Armor