Paladin Guide

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Paladin Guide
Thursday, April 19th, 2007 at 8:56 am
This was originally posted by Mordeith on Domboard.

Well, first things first, stats:
Basically, all paladins have to be human, because face it, seraph sucks for that class. Regardless of what you do, you should have at least 17 piety to start with.

Str, con, piety based, enphasis on con:

With starting stats: 14 3 18 3 17
Raise Con lower dex:
Resulting stats at level 16:
STR: 170(+2)
DEX: 40 (-3)
CON: 220(+3)
INT: 70 (-1)
PIE: 210(+3)

Hit Points: 131 Magic Points: 48

Str, piety, mix con and int:

Race: Human Class: Paladin
With starting stats: 14 2 12 11 17
Raise Int lower dex
CON: 150(+1)
INT: 140(+1)
PIE: 210(+3)

Hit Points: 122 Magic Points: 48

My own stats are:

With starting stats: 11 2 19 6 18

STR: 140(+1)
CON: 220(+3)
INT: 90 (0)
PIE: 220(+3)

Hit Points: 131 Magic Points: 48

Out of all of these I probaly would recomend the second, as it allows you to cast and resist spells more. However, it is up to you.

For leveling, just kill stuff normally until you get to level 7, but after this point you got to start minding your aura so:
7-10 Kenner
10-13 Highport Graveyard/DK temple (northernmost room)
13-16 GY and Revanants (grouped only)
16+ Beyond this I recommend that you just group with others and try to stay good aura'd, you could try slain demon lords if you want, but only with 2+ other high level people.

Paladins are awesome damage dealers, and with a decent weapon and strength, hitting for high 20's is common while fighting the evil creatures of Derlith. I have 15 str right now and I've hit up to 32 with a stormblade with goodness damage.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Re: Paladin Guide
Thursday, April 19th, 2007 at 8:57 am
This was originally posted by oriel in reply.

I aimed for level 22 since 16 is low and sucks =p The first set of stats is for a con/int paladin hybrid. The intelligence isn't really for bonus damage it is more for the resist magic. Oh, and btw, I think Seraph is a very good class to play.

Race: Seraph Class: Paladin
With starting stats: 15 3 11 12 15

Resulting stats at level 22:
DEX: 50 (-2)
CON: 150(+1)
INT: 170(+2)
PIE: 230(+3)

Hit Points: 158 Magic Points: 66

----------------------------------------

The stats i listed below are for a purely int/pty paladin. With these stats you will rm 100%, have 10 base AC, tick +1 hp, and have a nice base of 25 pty for great healing all the time. You can also switch this up by removing 2 points from dex and pty and adding them to str. This will give you 21 str 21 int 23 pty.

Race: Seraph Class: Paladin
With starting stats: 15 5 3 16 17

DEX: 70 (-1)
CON: 70 (-1)
INT: 210(+3)
PIE: 250(+4)

Hit Points: 145 Magic Points: 66

--------------------------------

These last set of stats i just kind of threw together. Once you get the 8 intel you will be able to casts for a decent amount, spells really are all about realm intel just helps it. If you want that 25 pty or 23 pty you can just fiddle around with the numbers yourself

With starting stats: 17 4 13 4 18

STR: 210(+3)
DEX: 70 (-1)
CON: 170(+2)
INT: 80 (0)
PIE: 240(+3)

Hit Points: 166 Magic Points: 66

Jacko
Sunday, April 20th, 2008 at 5:14 amEdits: 3   Last Edit: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 5:34 am
Dominus wrote:

Basically, all paladins have to be human, because face it, seraph sucks for that class.

Dominus wrote:

all paladins have to be human, because face it, seraph sucks for that

Dominus wrote:

because face it, seraph sucks

Dominus wrote:

seraph sucks

Quoted for truth. You'd think half angels would be great holy warrior, since I assume both humans and angels are great fighters. They must be made up of the shitty parts that were left.

Paladins are a hard class to build for sure, since you need every stat but dex, and there's really not a class that favors what paladins need.

Here's the thing that's really upsetting. Deathknights are just kinda screwed on their choices. They are basically only given humans to use, since all of the 'evil' races, except ogres, are -piety. Which is silly when minotaurs, who can easily be considered an 'evil' race have beautiful DK stats, but for some reason can't be one. Here's a great solution. Minotaurs are burly, malicious, but honorable beings. And could be the only race other than humans who can be both paladins and DKs. It also opens up the large size category to Paladins. But that's been my opinion since the racial restrictions were made, and was the only part of it I disliked.

EDIT: Also, minotaurs are 0.4%, second to last next to Kobolds. There's no reason such an awesome race with so much potential, roleplay included, should be left out of so many classes, currently it can only be 3.

/minotaurs

delta
Watcher
Sunday, April 20th, 2008 at 6:30 am
Hey Spit, you should read the help files. Death knight and minotaurs have LOTS of options now.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: Paladin Guide
Sunday, April 20th, 2008 at 12:47 pm
Jacko wrote:
Here's the thing that's really upsetting. Deathknights are just kinda screwed on their choices. They are basically only given humans to use, since all of the 'evil' races, except ogres, are -piety. Which is silly when minotaurs, who can easily be considered an 'evil' race have beautiful DK stats, but for some reason can't be one. Here's a great solution. Minotaurs are burly, malicious, but honorable beings. And could be the only race other than humans who can be both paladins and DKs. It also opens up the large size category to Paladins. But that's been my opinion since the racial restrictions were made, and was the only part of it I disliked.

EDIT: Also, minotaurs are 0.4%, second to last next to Kobolds. There's no reason such an awesome race with so much potential, roleplay included, should be left out of so many classes, currently it can only be 3.

Your information is way off base. Minotaurs can be 15 different classes. Deathknights can be 14 different races.

Jacko
Sunday, April 20th, 2008 at 3:16 pm
Oh, well then never mind.

Realms ForumTips and StrategiesPaladin Guide