Will to live

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
disaron
Will to live
Thursday, June 7th, 2007 at 3:11 am
Here is an idea, I am stealing it from other games, so it may have been brought up before.

(1 H 37 M): The gutter rat hits you for 2 damage.
(1 H 37 M): Your will to live helps you survive the blow.
(61 H 43 M):

I don't know what it could be based on, death/traps, stat, whatever. would be a cool feature.

kreig
Re: Will to live
Thursday, June 7th, 2007 at 4:33 am
Jesus! A 60hp and 20mp some recovery from death?!

Well if any of this were to go down I'de assume it would be based off of Dex/Con/Pty, and your death/trap throw.

Either way. When your character hits 0hp or -1 minus hp its over. It's just an aspect of the game that we all have to cope with. When you die, you die. When you skimp by with 1 hp you skimp by with 1hp.

All and all it's interesting and it reminds me of Earthbound on Snes with guts. (For no one who's played it, the more guts stat you have the lessened chance you have of dying at -0 HP) Tough to code(i'de assume) and even more difficult to enforce.

BTW Disaron... Im wasted.... Blind, cooked, junked, "Jewed" (inside joke... my buddies jewish so everything that goes wrong is Jewish or Jewed), wasted, assholed, tanked, jerked, bunked, tankered, Polized (another inside joke), fruked (pernounced FFFF-RU-KET), and gangled.... (like mangled but it's Gangled) Either way... me 1... 20 pack 0.

disaron
Thursday, June 7th, 2007 at 5:40 am
well, i didnt mean for the MP gain, that was just cause i grabbed part of a cap to use. I dont think its hard to code cause i have seen it on other muds. Shrug its just an idea.

lol at the jew joke. I have a friend that we have been calling a jew since highschool, so judaism, synagogue vists, kosher foods, not spending $ etc, have been a joke for a long ass time.

delta
Watcher
Friday, June 8th, 2007 at 1:52 pm
Pretty cool idea, in my opinion.

If I were to make it, I'd have it be daily restricted, and instead of restoring your HP, have it cancel out the attack that killed you and send you the origin. The ability could be piety based for casting classes and constitution based for others - i.e., your diety saves you from harm, or your robustness (my new favorite word) allows you to live another day.

Slide
Monday, June 11th, 2007 at 2:54 am
Just allow it that sometimes mobs knock you out instead of kill you. It makes sense anyway, every fight you get into, the enemy shouldn't ALWAYS have the intention of murdering you.

More than one person has quit because of a shitty death. If half the time you just got a knockout, it'd be pretty cool.

Purge!!

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionWill to live