Goodbye folks

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
delta
Watcher
Goodbye folks
Monday, May 21st, 2007 at 1:22 am
Dear RoH,

Moments ago, I commit suicide to all of my characters, except for my level 1 character in jail (which kept on telling me that I failed to commit suicide, but it sure hurt). And it does hurt - it hurts because I've logged over 400 hours of gameplay leveling Delta to 23. That's 400 hours I could have been studying, spending with my girlfriend, working...

400 hours of my life. Wasted? Any onlooker would say yes. And deep down, part of me agrees. But the other part wants to thank all of you for the laughter, fun, and good times I had while playing. Yes, I really was "cackling gleefully" and "giggling inanely" at some of the random shit that happened on the MUD. Thanks again.

And to those who had suspicions: yes I became a caretaker recently. That character is also gone. And no, I did not abuse my caretaker powers - Dominus has logs of everything and keeps close tabs. I'm not stupid.

I had a lot of shoutouts to make to players, but I can't right now, as my girlfriend just came. I'll miss RoH, and best of luck to all of you. Hopefully you guys (and girl) can strike a good balance between life and MUD. I may be back someday just to peek in, but I'll try not to.

- Delta

Slide
Re: Goodbye folks
Monday, May 21st, 2007 at 4:42 am
Someone got whipped. Smile

Peace man.

kreig
Monday, May 21st, 2007 at 9:58 am
Well this is disheartening.

Take it easy peasy. You will be missed.

Bodhi
Watcher
Monday, May 21st, 2007 at 10:43 am
Probably for the better. Good for you "Delta".
Best of luck logging hours with the GF!

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Monday, May 21st, 2007 at 6:04 pm
How old are you???? Young, right?

Find another girl!!! There's plenty of em Smile

hehehehe
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

delta
Watcher
Monday, May 21st, 2007 at 9:11 pm
Hi, I probably shouldn't be here right now, but I couldn't help peeking in to see what replies there were.

They seem to be mostly oriented around the girlfriend part - which I didn't mean to be the case. It's really not the girlfriend that caused me to suicide my chars - it's the final exams that I should have been studying for and didn't. If anything, my girlfriend is a good influence. =)

Slide
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007 at 1:11 am
Bow chicka bow bow

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007 at 8:19 am
blah...that's what "mudding in moderation" is for....

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionGoodbye folks