History of Dreis - Birth and Decisions

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
dreis
History of Dreis - Birth and Decisions
Wednesday, May 16th, 2007 at 7:41 pmEdits: 2   Last Edit: Wed, 16 May 2007 8:08 pm
217 years since the fall of the Kingdom of Bordia.

On the 12th of Thor'vel of the modern calendar, a small cry was heard from the druid wood.

Our Mother of Nature had allowed the birth of a child, as our Father of Time stamped his now beating heart onto the pages of history.

Dreis was born.

"The farthest back I can remember would place me at the age of 5 or 6. I remember being very upset at my parents for not letting me play in the Vaemona river. I think I may even have cried over it.... Anyway... I remember running away from them. Much farther then I normally would have gone from our home, but I was just to upset to care. I ran. Over rocks and past the trees. The cool air brushing the hot tears away from my face. I kept running and after what felt like an eternity I settled into a receded tree stump and sat there.

I remember cursing my parents for being so unfair. I think I may have even swore to never go back. However, something strange happened at that point. I heard a noise outside of the recession I was snuggled in. My first feeling was fear. I was pretty sure that whatever it was out there, it was going to kill me. I sat there motionless, hoping that it would tire and leave. But whatever it was stayed motionless outside of my sanctuary. Again I heard the noise *click*. Oh how I imagined it was a beast with wiry hair and blood stained teeth. Again... *click*. I felt trapped, but I had no alternative other then to emerge and fight. I didn't want to get eaten in a 'natural bowl', so to speak. If i were to die, it would be on my feet. As such I emerged.... Not very fast mind you. I didn't want to come out and fall right over. What I saw when I emerged was more frightening then any creature that I could bring to mind. It was my father.

He had a stern face. Not one a child my age would like to see. He was squatted down on one knee with a small bundle of twigs he had collected. He motion for me to come over to him. Oh how my heart sank. My knees chattered together and my arms felt like stones. 'How... How did you find me?', I asked. He took one of the twigs and snapped it in half. *click* He then placed it on the ground and said, "when you do not take heed of where your feet touch this earth, many will find you." I felt my face go red hot with embarrassment. I had left a trail for my father to follow. Feeling my discomfort my father smiled and took my hand.

We began to walk back to our home, but all along the way my father showed me where I had made my mistakes. A broken twig amidst the foliage, a foot print left in the mud, bushes and small trees that I had damaged in my haste to get away. He showed me the difference from my tracks to those of an animal. How, with our arms we will push things out of the way whereas an animal will not cause the excess damage. All of this I listened to and learned from. My life as a Naturalist had began."

Realms ForumText Caps & StoriesHistory of Dreis - Birth and Decisions