Nerfing

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Slide
Nerfing
Monday, June 11th, 2007 at 8:24 pm
Bane requested that the mud list the things that have been nerfed over the years. I'll kick off the discussion:

Berserker: No MP (I know, I know, worth a try though =P)
Druid/Ranger: Disorientation after track spell
Monk: Reduced HP, damage, no meditate in battle.
Werewolf: Reduced HP.
Lich: Reduced HP, no drain in battle.
Paladin: No hands in battle.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Nerfing
Monday, June 11th, 2007 at 9:04 pm
We will _NOT_ be adding mp back to non casting classes. That's not a nerf but a shift in play style for them.

Hanzo
Watcher
Monday, June 11th, 2007 at 10:21 pmEdits: 2   Last Edit: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:09 am
Rogues: Reduced HP, in return for better thac0.

Werewolf: Worse thac0 when at extreme alignments. Maul can only initiate combat.

Monk: Worse thac0 when at extreme alignments.

Berserkers: Kick removed.

Also, alot of little things not directly related to skills/attributes that used to be detailed in the "help updatearchives": such as Ceris unable to have rejuvenate cast on them while magically lethargic, and stuff like vampires unmisting when picking up items. I don't necessarily consider them a nerf though.

luminaire
Monday, June 11th, 2007 at 11:33 pm
Druids...

Endure and Pray taken away and replaced with commune...bleh, and barkskin. This hurt because piety is still the main requirement for the duration of pet conjuration...not con as the book has always stated.

Pets changed from static to dynamic, which on average made the pets weaker.

...more to come later

gank
Monday, June 18th, 2007 at 8:48 pm
Thieves:

Steal has a 3 second timer even if the target is not present

Gold steal has a 30 second timer, on fail or success.

Mobs that can notice you steal (usually assisting mobs) always succeed, no matter what the level difference.

Thieves/Rogues/Fighters:
Riposte has a timer of like 15 seconds? I understand having one, but maybe knock it down to 3.

Hanzo
Watcher
Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 at 6:06 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 6:09 pm
Scout and rejuvenate function in the same way. If you scout a non-existent exit (usually a typo), or cast rejuvenate on a non-existent target (someone leaves the room right before it), it still incurs the delay before you are able to do the next.

As for riposte, it had no time limitation before I believe. You can ask any old school fighter who used to kill 5 things at a time, while just standing there and not attacking. It was incredibly unbalanced and hilarious at the same time.

disaron
Re: Re: Nerfing
Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 at 6:34 pm
gank wrote:
Thieves:

Steal has a 3 second timer even if the target is not present

Gold steal has a 30 second timer, on fail or success.

Mobs that can notice you steal (usually assisting mobs) always succeed, no matter what the level difference.

Thieves/Rogues/Fighters:
Riposte has a timer of like 15 seconds? I understand having one, but maybe knock it down to 3.

LIES, thieves and rogues are not 15 second timer, and i dont THINK fighters are

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionNerfing