The Journal of Edward von Muir

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Edward
The Journal of Edward von Muir
Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 4:39 pmEdits: 2   Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2007 6:21 pm
Day 1
Today was my first day away from home and life has been rough going so far. The students at the Bard College are not entirely welcoming to newcomers, and with the exception of a few adoring ladies, the ones that recognize me are even less friendly. None of that matters though because I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to study the ways of the minstrel.

-EvM

Day 4
I practiced my swordplay at the Sigil Park all day after jongleur class today, taking on all sorts of critters: hard-shelled tortoises, rabid dogs and filth-ridden rats. A number of times while practicing my fighting technique I was accosted by noblemen sent by my family under the instruction to use physical force to bring me home. Fortunately by this time I was able to them fend off and confiscated the silver-laden goods they carried. Through the use of my adept haggling skills I was able to pawn them off to Spencer and use the money to purchase some new equipment from Ezra’s shop in the east part of town.

-EvM

Day 8
I left the walls of Sigil for the first time to day and was promptly met by a hostile bandit. Unable to defeat him in combat I fled back to the city. I need to train more.

-EvM

Day 14
I finally memorized my first song, the song of healing, today! Tomorrow I will make my way out of town and toward Highport, bandits or not!

-EvM

Day 15
I made it out of Sigil today, but unfortunately I will have to return to that city of hypocrites some day soon. The bandit encamped north of town was felled to my superior macing skills but I received major injuries as a result. I lay here now mending my wounds in a hidden grove nestled within the Druidwood. Several pearl-bearing pixies seem to frequent this obscure place and have been kind enough to aid in my recovery. It is growing unnaturally dark at the moment...perhaps I should rest.

-EvM

Day 16
I felt much better today and took some time to explore the vast Druidwood. In doing so I came across a wandering hybsil apprentice that spoke common quiet fluently. He appeared to be in quite a hurry, however, and disappeared into the forest rather quickly. After our brief encounter I stumbled upon a hidden gate into the hybsil village of Querost. I rather enjoy this place and am considering staying here for some time before continuing my travels elsewhere.

-EvM

Bodhi
Watcher
Re: The Journal of Edward von Muir
Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 7:10 pm
Bravo young Edward!

Please keep us informed of your travels, as a bard's tales are always the most well woven.

Sincerely,

Bodhi the Reborn

zale
Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 7:58 pm
We sit in suspense as we await the unraveling of Young Edward's tale. But must I warn you Edward, The Captain of Querost is a traitor, and don't trust him or his men...

Edward
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007 at 6:22 pmEdits: 1   Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2007 6:37 pm
15 Thor'vel, 235
Many apologies dear friend for I have had little time to record my travels as of late. I have spent the last month hunting in the Querost woods, tracking down deer, elk and the occasional bear cub. As a result, my skills in hand to hand combat have dramatically improved…Not that I plan on quitting my bardship to explore a more violent career, but it is comforting to know that I am able to more ably defend myself. I’ve spent many a quiet night pondering the whereabouts of my kinfolk back home. Do you think they miss me? It has been a struggle not to return, but I know that this is the path I must lead, however daunting it may seem. Anna would have wanted it this way…Thoughts of our love still linger like the sweet scent of a southern Sendralian spring sea breeze.

I am reminded of a somber aria I heard long ago...

I'm the darkness, you're the stars.
Our love is brighter than the sun.
For eternity, for me there can be,
Only you, my chosen one.
Must I forget you? Our solemn promise?
Will autumn take the place of spring?
What shall I do? I'm lost without you.
Speak to me once more!
We must part now, my life goes on.
But my heart won't give you up.
Ere I walk away, let me hear you say.
I meant as much to you.
So gently, you touched my heart.
I will be forever yours.
Come what may, I won't age a day,
I'll wait for you, always.

For Anna.

-EvM

Edward
Re: Re: The Journal of Edward von Muir
Wednesday, June 13th, 2007 at 5:59 pm
30 Navatna, 235

Greetings my friend, another month has past since I last sought your counsel. I was forced to flee the quaint village of Querost under their captain's suspicion that I was a Sigil spy! How ironic! At any rate, my stay in that quiet place was one well spent on reflection. For now, I must depart, until next time.

-EvM

Edward
Friday, July 6th, 2007 at 6:06 pm
19 Sejna, 235

Hello my dearest traveling companion, it seems ages since we last had time together. Since my prolonged stay within the confines of the grand Druidwood I have taken great pleasure in traversing the lands of Derlith and have seen many sites including the jungles of the Odanoeth isles and the perilous, orc-filled valleys of Firedrake Mountains.

During my most adventures I was able to complete a task set upon me by none other than the eccentric Daedalus himself. Through an extensive series of bartering requests that introduced me to all sorts of characters from beautiful druidesses to a frightening kobold outcast, I learned that the a certain enchanting spellsinger was held captive by a group of powerful swamp demons. Fortunately I was able to suavely convince a somewhat whimsical dwarf named Delta to aid me in her rescue.

I was determined not to fail yet another woman and with his powerful stone magic at my aid, we were able to set her free from her bonds! As a reward I have been granted with the rare power to conjure magical beasts to support me in battle!!! While none of them are quite as powerful as the dwarven priests or druids I have thus far encountered, they have proven very useful and often....quite entertaining.

Until next time,

-EvM

Edward
Saturday, January 6th, 2018 at 3:59 am
Day 44308
5th of Hev'nar, the 9th month of the year. It is Summer.
It has been 430 years since the fall of the Kingdom of Bordia.

Presently, I received an inquiry most queer from the warrior of light, Brienne, to "spit a rhyme" detailing the lore surrounding an incantation to dispel the forces of evil. As such, I share with you - my dearest friend and lifetime compatriot - "The Tragic Tale of Tradetown" (though please resist the urge to be too critical as this was very much an improvised effort).

(Gossip) Edward sent, "A freestyle rap is what you seek?" 
(Gossip) Brienne sent, "brienne gets down with the beat" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "I'm sorry to say that's kind of weak" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "But nonetheless let's start this piece" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "The tragic tale of a man once lived" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "Who spent his days trying not to get shivved" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "By the thieves and the thugs that he locked up in hock" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "where he shaped the town into his flock" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "it was a shock that rocked the block when they found him" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "though grim, he held on,"
(Gossip) Edward sent, "for his home that he longed." 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "An immigrant" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "once held indifferent" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "by those that would mock him and jock him for stature" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "now realized then that none of it mattered." 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "His world fading black" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "he relaxed and sat back" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "grinning at the man that stabbed him" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "a warrior of the wood"
(Gossip) Edward sent, "he never thought he would or could perish" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "but this new Tradetown was nightmarish" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "And before the dawn"
(Gossip) Edward sent, "His last breath drawn" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "He swore he wouldn't hold on"
(Gossip) Edward sent, "To an afterlife grudge" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "against the bastard who killed him" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "not a man - but a lycanthrope judge"

Edward
Saturday, January 6th, 2018 at 3:59 amEdits: 2   Last Edit: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 4:01 am
Day 44308
5th of Hev'nar, the 9th month of the year. It is Summer.
It has been 430 years since the fall of the Kingdom of Bordia.

Presently, I received an inquiry most queer from the warrior of light, Brienne, to "spit a rhyme" detailing the lore surrounding an incantation to dispel the forces of evil. As such, I share with you - my dearest friend and lifetime compatriot - "The Tragic Tale of Tradetown" (though please resist the urge to be too critical as this was very much an improvised effort).

(Gossip) Edward sent, "A freestyle rap is what you seek?" 
(Gossip) Brienne sent, "brienne gets down with the beat" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "I'm sorry to say that's kind of weak" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "But nonetheless let's start this piece" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "The tragic tale of a man once lived" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "Who spent his days trying not to get shivved" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "By the thieves and the thugs that he locked up in hock" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "where he shaped the town into his flock" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "it was a shock that rocked the block when they found him" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "though grim, he held on,"
(Gossip) Edward sent, "for his home that he longed." 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "An immigrant" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "once held indifferent" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "by those that would mock him and jock him for stature" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "now realized then that none of it mattered." 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "His world fading black" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "he relaxed and sat back" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "grinning at the man that stabbed him" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "a warrior of the wood"
(Gossip) Edward sent, "he never thought he would or could perish" 
(Gossip) Edward sent, "but this new Tradetown was nightmarish"