Staffing

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Staffing
Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 at 12:49 pm
The current staff is far too busy with real life to devote any time to the mud.

Rather than just let it die a slow death, I'd be willing to look into bringing on a few people to run the place, if there's any interest.

If you know of anyone who'd be interested in any of the following positions, or want to write up a posting and put it on mudbytes/the mud connector/etc, please do.

1) Head Builder (Wouldn't make sense to hire other builders without someone to supervise them/review the balance)
2) Builder
3) Player Liaison
4) Coder

I'm not against or for a purge, but without any staff a purge makes zero sense to me :P

Let me know your thoughts or if you're interested.

-Bane

trist
Re: Staffing
Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
This game will forever in my mind be a great game but I think the times have moved on and that looking for "new blood" so to speak is moot in 2013 on a MuD client, However I do think most of the true fans of this mud that the staff built will probably think of this game the rest of their lives on and off and will recall the glory that was once RoH.

Just my 2 cents I am well aware I haven't touched RoH in god knows how long.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 at 10:33 pm
If there's no interest then it'll just slowly die off, but I figure I'd at least check before I continue to let that happen :-P

luminaire
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 at 11:43 am
If you're willing to have applicants from an outside source (teamliquid.net) I can solicit that community to see if anyone would like to volunteer to help out.

If you're unfamiliar, teamliquid is a very large community of gaming nerds (mostly of which are the age we were back in '98).

Just a thought - I'd be willing to help screen applicants...etc. too if need be.

This Halloween is 15 years so I'll be damned if it dies any time soon. Smile

Jacko
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 at 2:46 pm
I don't get your refusal to purge.

Plan it out, send out emails to some of the older players, and make an event out of it. You're guaranteed to at least see the game active again.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: Staffing
Sunday, January 12th, 2014 at 8:50 pm
Jacko wrote:
I don't get your refusal to purge.

Plan it out, send out emails to some of the older players, and make an event out of it. You're guaranteed to at least see the game active again.

I don't refuse to purge, I'm just too busy to plan it out. If you'd like to plan it, by all means Smile

Realms ForumAnnouncementsStaffing