WSOP Main Event on ESPN

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bodhi
Watcher
WSOP Main Event on ESPN
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 at 6:17 pm
Starting August 10th, there will be new episodes of the World Series of Poker Main Event on ESPN.

Fortunately, I was on the featured ESPN table for Day 1 this year. So, if you watch for "Andy Vaughn" from Corvallis, I will be on TV.

For those of you interested: I went to play in it as a "Bucket List" thing to do with my father in-law. Ten minutes before starting play, I was informed that I was going to play on the main ESPN featured table with reigning World Champion Joe Cada. I was then offered and accepted a sponsorship with Full Tilt poker to wear their logo and hat backwards for the camera.

It was insanely nerve-wracking, and I'm inevitably going to look like a super-donkey on TV, but it was well worth it.

Overall, I made it to late Day 3, whereupon I took a bad beat with QQ vs. 77 for $150,000. Next year I get to try again Smile

So anyway, look for me (aka Bodhi) on TV playing poker in a week or so.

Ciao.
--Bodhi

luminaire
Re: WSOP Main Event on ESPN
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 at 6:49 pm
Kudos sir! You've done me proud. I only ever played (and cashed) in the $1500 NL event in 2003 -- and for far less than $150k Smile I'll make sure to cheer your donkey ass on when I see it.

ps QQ always loses to 77...also, 10-5 always beats JJ...words to live by

Bodhi
Watcher
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 at 2:10 pm
Not to disappoint, but I meant 150k pot, not $150k prize. I would have been in good shape to make it to Day 4 (in the cash) with 150k chips that late (9pm), whereupon the first prize-level was $19k.

Congratz on your cashing. I will most-likely be playing it again next year with my wife and father-in-law. It was pretty cool to freeroll the $10k buy-in. We'll see if I get that lucky again.

--Bodhi

luminaire
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 at 6:45 pm
I didn't know when the bubble was...I suppose it's a bit different with 7319 players whereas in '03 there were 839... :/

Either way, great job to make it that far, hopefully I'll make it back one day...PokerStars doesn't quite cut it.

Seril
Thursday, August 5th, 2010 at 10:28 pm
damn.. nice, congrats and good luck!
BOOOOM BITCH!!!

Bodhi
Watcher
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 at 11:26 am
They covered Day 1A and Day 1B last night at 8 and 9PM EST.

I will be on next Tuesday at 8:00PM EST, at the Featured Table with Joe Cada. Enjoy!
--Bodhi

Realms ForumNon-Game DiscussionWSOP Main Event on ESPN