Scream Damage

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
delta
Watcher
Scream Damage
Friday, June 8th, 2007 at 11:26 amEdits: 2   Last Edit: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:32 am
I've been fighting screaming skulls a lot, and I've noticed some things about scream that some of you may find interesting, perhaps if you are preparing to fight a screaming monster for the first time. I'll start with the obvious.

1) Scream attacks look like this. (The bite is extra.)

The screaming skull bellows out a deadly ear-splitting scream!!
Harmful vibrations double you over in pain for 12 damage!
The screaming skull bites you for 16 damage.

2) Players can't scream attack.

(148 H 92 M): scream
You scream in terror.

3) Scream is a special ability that can be combined with other attacks, such as bite.

4) Scream does room damage.

5) Scream does between 7-24 damage, approximately.

6) It is impossible (or so I've found) to protect against scream damage. I've always thought that the "Kinyon's Earplugs" shop in Gnomebarrow should help, but it's not true.

7) If you are screamed on for 20 or more damage, you will be stunned for about 9 seconds. There is a hidden chance of saving or resisting the stun, in which case you will be stunned for about 6 seconds.

8) If you are screamed on for 10-19 damage, you will be stunned for about 5 seconds. Again, there is a hidden chance of resisting the stun.

9) If you are screamed on for 9 or fewer damage, you will not be stunned at all.

10) The number ranges above are very precise. If you are screamed for 20, you will ALWAYS receive the longer stun, but if you are screamed for 19, you will ALWAYS receive the shorter stun. I'm not sure why this is - it just is.

11) Most monsters that scream are obvious - with names that include SCREAMING or WAILING.

12) Number 11 above is not always true. Laughing

13) Most monsters that scream drop something useful - be it scare wands or lots of gold.

14) Number 13 above is not always true. Laughing

15) Scream would be a kick ass ability for Arachnus clerics to have. Maybe only female Arachnus clerics.

neko
Re: Scream Damage
Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 at 11:03 pm
I don't know if its a bug or not, but if your char is under resist-magic, scream damage seems to be cut in half.

oozies for days.

Usagi
Re: Scream Damage
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 at 8:05 pm
This is specifically intended in the code. It may also remove the stun caused by the scream.
Usagi <27> Werewolf. Sexy furball.
Plu <40> Mage/Thief. Pickpocketing for justice.
Ulp <40> Cleric (Ares). Lifts a ton, but can't spell it.
Miko <40> Cleric/Assassin (Aramon). She uses teeth.
Nili <40> Cleric (Gradius). Bearded woman.

Realms ForumTips and StrategiesScream Damage