A few bugs?

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
lenovo
A few bugs?
Saturday, March 13th, 2010 at 1:20 am
So I haven't played regularly in a while and decided to test drive again. Noticed a few things that might be bugged...

1) The effect time of infravision is now 2hr 20 min. for my character with a INT of 8. Before, my effect time of infravison was like 5 minutes. This change is good, because it's hard to play when you are constantly lighting stuff to see. BUT I notice that my detect-inv. is now only 2 MINUTES! I don't recall having to cast detect-invis. every 2 minutes. It's very annoying and at a cost of 10 MP.

2) My SELF has disappeared in the OVERLAND map. It does not matter if I choose ANSI or no color. All I see is a blank block. I tried to change the color of self and even reset color. Nothing has worked. Here's a view of what I see in zMud, notice that there is no @ for self:

The World of Derlith

.-------------------.
| /.....?ff.|.f |
| ......f...V.f |
| ............|..f |
| .....ff..f..|.... | Wild grass of varying height dominates the nearby
|---........|.V...| landscape. Meadows of tall prairie grass are interspersed
|.....-------+.|...| with patches of short, rugged vegetation. A wide diversity
|......... ....|...| of wildlife grazes throughout the grasslands of Derlith,
|.....ff..f.....+...| which make for excellent hunting ground.
| f....f........|...|
| f............CC- | You are in the borders of the Kingdom of Highport.
| ff.....f....CC. |
| ffff.......... |
| ffffff.. ..... |
.-------------------.
Obvious exits: north, east, south, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest.

Seril
Re: A few bugs?
Saturday, March 13th, 2010 at 2:19 am
if you have darkness casted on you/someone ur grouped with, your @ sign comes up as nothing on the map but a blank space....u can still see where u are
BOOOOM BITCH!!!

Usagi
Saturday, March 13th, 2010 at 9:42 amEdits: 2   Last Edit: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 9:44 am
Seril is right about #2! I've discussed the matter with Dominus as well (about the darkness and being a black "@" on the overland). It is considered as a side-effect of having the spell cast. The purpose of it is to make yourself harder to be seen, which can be a double-edged sword.

As far as the effects duration ...

Bane made some changes to the durations of spells to propertly reflect characters and their respective INT. This is to be paired with potions (when alchemy is put in *cough*) so that even low INT characters will have another pathway to higher duration casts, ie. making d-i/fly/d-m potions.

Infravision was previously bugged and is now actually fixed. The duration of this is based on your level, and will last up to 3~ hours at level 40. This makes it more convenient to see in the dark for those w/ darkness enchants or no natural infravision.
Usagi <27> Werewolf. Sexy furball.
Plu <40> Mage/Thief. Pickpocketing for justice.
Ulp <40> Cleric (Ares). Lifts a ton, but can't spell it.
Miko <40> Cleric/Assassin (Aramon). She uses teeth.
Nili <40> Cleric (Gradius). Bearded woman.

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Sunday, March 14th, 2010 at 11:36 am
Change the foreground mapping in Zmud for black to dark grey and see what happens.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

lenovo
Re: Re: A few bugs?
Thursday, March 18th, 2010 at 12:48 am
Ocelot wrote:
Change the foreground mapping in Zmud for black to dark grey and see what happens.

Nope, nothing changed when I tried this.

Seril
Thursday, March 18th, 2010 at 11:14 pm
i tried also, no change
BOOOOM BITCH!!!

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Friday, March 19th, 2010 at 6:39 am
That's because this is intentional.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Realms ForumQuestionsA few bugs?