Changes - v2.45b

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
zerk
Re: Changes - v2.45b
Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 1:07 pm
Quote:
Group Experience: I haven't finished tweaking the formulas yet, but the days of low levels freeloading are soon behind us. Group exp will examine the 'effort' done by everyone in the group and ignore freeloaders. Freeloaders are defined as someone who doesn't contribute to the death of the monster (directly through damage done, or indirectly through healing/stuns/circles done).

can you post this formula? I honestly kind of think it's a lil too harsh atm, especially for a mage. While playing a mage, the amound of damage done by hitting is so significant compare to other classes, resulting in low xp quite often. Can't continuous nuke mobs either due to fast drain of mp if i just nuke. I would like this formula to be revised/tweaked a bit more. Thanks.

Usagi
Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 6:00 pmEdits: 2   Last Edit: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 6:03 pm
At the moment, I believe the requirement is 1/2 of average effort in the group.

I'd tested this with Plu when the codes were put in and had no issues, as long as I was using an "okay" weapon and was killing mobs that were within my hittable range ... assuming I was not casting at all.

For instance, let's say a mob has 200 HP, and so it took 200 effort points to kill it. You have 2 people in the group, and so average effort is 100 points. In order to get full experience, you need to have scored 50 effort points. That's like 4-5 hits, at most, before the mob dies.

Assuming you are grouping with individuals within your level range, the only time this system should really causes issues as a mage is if ...

1. Someone in your group crits. This one is sort of unavoidable, but shouldn't happen that much in the long run.

2. If you are grouping with another class that has very large damage output. Mobs die too quickly before you can get hits in to reach the minimum needed to gain full experience. At the moment, rangers and rogues are probably the biggest issue here. A workaround is still being thought up for this situation.

3. You are killing mobs that r-m. These aren't mobs I would pick to kill as a mage, anyway.
Usagi <27> Werewolf. Sexy furball.
Plu <40> Mage/Thief. Pickpocketing for justice.
Ulp <40> Cleric (Ares). Lifts a ton, but can't spell it.
Miko <40> Cleric/Assassin (Aramon). She uses teeth.
Nili <40> Cleric (Gradius). Bearded woman.

Carpathia
Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 6:05 pm
Usagi...*scratch* i faintly remember a usagi or plu maybe even a miko...must of turned into a forum stalker like lumin. Poke Come back to us.

zerk
Re: Re: Changes - v2.45b
Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 10:26 pm
Usagi wrote:
At the moment, I believe the requirement is 1/2 of average effort in the group.

I'd tested this with Plu when the codes were put in and had no issues, as long as I was using an "okay" weapon and was killing mobs that were within my hittable range ... assuming I was not casting at all.

For instance, let's say a mob has 200 HP, and so it took 200 effort points to kill it. You have 2 people in the group, and so average effort is 100 points. In order to get full experience, you need to have scored 50 effort points. That's like 4-5 hits, at most, before the mob dies.

Assuming you are grouping with individuals within your level range, the only time this system should really causes issues as a mage is if ...

1. Someone in your group crits. This one is sort of unavoidable, but shouldn't happen that much in the long run.

2. If you are grouping with another class that has very large damage output. Mobs die too quickly before you can get hits in to reach the minimum needed to gain full experience. At the moment, rangers and rogues are probably the biggest issue here. A workaround is still being thought up for this situation.

3. You are killing mobs that r-m. These aren't mobs I would pick to kill as a mage, anyway.

[ 21: Vamp ] C Abby the Human Impaler (Order of Vlad)
[ 26: Dung ] C Bane the Elven Ladies Man
[ 36: Cler ] N Carpathia the Orcish Malicious Tyrant of Caladon (Aramon) [Forsaken Rage]
[ 40: Dung ] N Dominus the Half-Frost Giant Dungeonmaster
[ 39: M/A ] N Kefka the Cambion Arcane Assassin (Wizards' Eye) [Forsaken Rage]
[ 1: Bers ] L Rhino the Minotaur Oaf
[ 16: Cler ] C Skyy the Seraphic Lightgiver (Enoch) [Myth of Derlith]

clealy the majority of ppl on mud these days are way beyond my level. only a selected few are even within bandit's level, making it hard either way to do more damage output than others. Plus... when does a mage ever be able to hit hard. >< lol. i really like for this to be revised. bane & dom. I would like your opinion on this also.

Usagi
Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 10:40 pm
Mages are compensated by their magical powers, in exchange for physical strength. Being limited by your MP is a trade-off of playing the class.

The reason why the effort system was put in was to prevent too much gain from killing mobs that might be inappropriate for your level range. The suggested mentor system would probably be the best fix, if you would still like to group with those of a higher level than you.

If you can submit a patch for it, or get Bane motivated enough to code in something like this, I'd say this probably the best approach instead of finding another quick fix that may bring botting back.
Usagi <27> Werewolf. Sexy furball.
Plu <40> Mage/Thief. Pickpocketing for justice.
Ulp <40> Cleric (Ares). Lifts a ton, but can't spell it.
Miko <40> Cleric/Assassin (Aramon). She uses teeth.
Nili <40> Cleric (Gradius). Bearded woman.

luminaire
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 6:31 pm
Quote:
...must of turned into a forum stalker like lumin...

Hi.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsChanges - v2.45b
Page:  ·1· ·2·