Code: Resisting Weapons and Realms

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Code: Resisting Weapons and Realms
Monday, May 7th, 2007 at 10:39 pm
The code for resisting weapons (sharp, missile) and realms (fire, water) has been redone. This is all behind-the-scenes code, but if there are any problems, please post about them.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Hanzo
Watcher
Re: Code: Resisting Weapons and Realms
Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 at 2:28 amEdits: 1   Last Edit: Tue, 8 May 2007 2:42 am
We've noticed a problem, but it has to do with the weakness to weapons and realms, not the resistance to them. The ice troll berserkers/troll troublemakers/ice troll commanders at the glaciers are no longer weak to cleave/fire, like they used to be. Both types do regular damage now. It's possible it's not just limited to them, I haven't tried anything else yet.

Edit: fortune tellers seem to be ok, makes me wonder if this is a new "feature" of the glaciers.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 at 8:00 pm
The trolls being weak to cleave was a bug; the mud was checking monsters that had the "Regenerate" flag set on them for being vulnerable to cleave - so for example, Arc's dracolich was vulnerable to cleave, even though it was never intended to be. This was inadvertently fixed in the latest code push.

Trolls have been reset to vulnerable-to-cleave, but some of your other buddies wont be; like Fade, Darsk, or Heruza.

Also, this bug meant that any monster we INTENDED to be vulnerable to cleave never was.

disaron
Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 at 8:11 pm
Does this include Tree of the Dead? Shouldnt a tree be +cleave? just wondering

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 at 8:39 pm
Yes, it does, and yes, I will make Tree +cleave again.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsCode: Resisting Weapons and Realms