Level Cap Raised to 40

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Level Cap Raised to 40
Friday, September 5th, 2008 at 2:47 pm
The level cap has been raised to 40.

Skills are set to go up to level 50, which means we had to redo the chart for how good your skills were. Note how the lines match up: you sound like you are suddenly worse at your skill, but only the name has changed.

New:
Code:
	"^rHorrible^x",        // 0-24
	"^rPoor^x",            // 25-49
	"^rFair^x",            // 50-74
	"^mMediocre^x",        // 75-99
	"^mDecent^x",          // 100-124
	"^mBelow Average^x",   // 125-149
	"^wCompetent^x",       // 150-174
	"^wAverage^x",         // 175-199
	"^wAbove Average^x",   // 200-224
	"^cProficient^x",      // 225-249
	"^cSkilled^x",         // 250-274
	"^cTalented^x",        // 275-299
	"^bVery Good^x",       // 300-324
	"^bAdept^x",           // 325-349
	"^bSuperb^x",          // 350-374
	"^gExceptional^x",     // 375-399
	"^gExpert^x",          // 400-424
	"^gMaster^x",          // 425-449
	"^ySuperior Master^x", // 450-474
	"^yGrand Master^x",    // 474-499
	"^yGodlike^x"          // 500

Old:
Code:
//	"^rHorrible^x", 
//	"^rPoor^x",
//	"^mFair^x",
//	"^mDecent^x",
//	"^wAverage^x",
//	"^wTalented^x",
//	"^cVery Good^x",
//	"^cExceptional^x", 
//	"^gMaster^x", 
//	"^gGrand Master^x", 
//	"^yGodlike^x"

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Re: Level Cap Raised to 40
Friday, September 5th, 2008 at 2:53 pm
A new spell for level 31+ mages and liches has been coded - more details will be posted once it's put in the game.

http://www.rohonline.net/help/portal/

lkuzar
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 at 7:11 am
Today I noticed something about weapon skills.

Whips - Average
Piercing Weapons
Daggers - Below Average
Rapiers and Sabres - Mediocre
Spears - Below Average

I learned whips earlier and it is set to average, but my weapon skills I learned before the new level cap are below average. I haven't actually used any whips or spears for that matter, or many of the other weapons I have at below average.

So the question is, are we going to leave all the old weapon skills at the lower skill level than the new default level of 'average'? Seems like we should have all the old ones set to average.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 at 11:18 am
I plan on changing weapon skills so they start at 1...just as soon as I get weapon trainers and such in.

lkuzar
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 at 5:40 pm
How about showing the actual numbers by the skill?

Decent 115

Thought of but already shot down?

disaron
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 at 6:01 pm
bane thinks it will make ppl hax or something. Just set a bot and raise it. :-D

lkuzar
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008 at 6:40 pm
Whats stopping me from doing that now and it would be pretty hard to bot anything other than the most basic of skills

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 at 10:30 am
I used to be against showing the number, but not now really. Games like WoW and EQ show the number, and it doesn't matter. People will roleplay or powergame whether numbers show up or not. No use fighting it.

The only benefit to the game in not showing the numbers, that I can think of, is for political reasons...meaning...if we needed to adjust the scales some, people wouldn't be able to tell we did it
if we needed to adjust things slightly, and we'd be able to avoid political fallout....which...actually is quite important, especially if there's alot of players. However, since I expect that we'll forever publish such changes and just deal with them, so people are informed, that's pretty much a non-issue most likely.

I say put the numbers there, and if people want to roleplay, give them a flag to not show the numbers. Put the choice on the player.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 at 12:23 pm
I think with the reduction of the incriments from 30 to 25, it gives enough of an idea of which level you're at...(within 2.5) that we don't need to put in the numbers. If anything, I might be ok with putting in the number Rounded to the nearest whole number. I'd never allow players to see level 23.43, but I might let them see ~level 23.

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 at 1:03 pm
I figure it'd be a given that they don't see decimal values and it's rounded up/down. Showing non-whole numbers would look retarded.
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Realms ForumAnnouncementsLevel Cap Raised to 40