M/A Sucka!

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
delta
Watcher
Re: Re: Re: M/A Sucka!
Sunday, July 1st, 2007 at 7:25 am
disaron wrote:

well even if stun fails u only have to wait 3 seconds to stun again, so resist will keep it stunned :P

This is true. This is what I do on my cleric too =).

But, people who play fighters well, will stun if their circles fail. Level 25, that 50 MP isn't useless.

Bodhi
Watcher
Re: M/A Sucka!
Sunday, July 1st, 2007 at 4:58 pm
Quote:

...and bodhi what the hell is with the attitude.

Sorry Dis. I've been a bit high-strung since I started my business.

I have really wanted to play Jarlaxle a lot lately, but I've been frustrated with 5H/3M/lvl handicap as a mage. Plus, getting so many stuns resisted that I've had to hazy 1/5 fights.

I understand that backstab plus big casts is a high damage attack, but it only helps if you can do that across multiple battles. Otherwise, it all evens out across the board.

Here's my assessment of classes when it comes to battles:

Fighters, Berserkers (dependent on how you play them), Clerics, Paladins, DK, Druid - All can handle long battles, by either self-healing, circling, or otherwise. Hence, they can gain lots of experience by fighting decently-high level mobs, and gaining good experience through continuous big average fights.

Assassin, Lich, Mage, Ranger, Rogue, Thief, Vampire - All of these classes can deal large amounts of damage fast, but cannot handle longer battles. They need to gain experience through quick kills and more lower lvl mobs killed quickly. If their kills take too long, then their weaknesses are exploited, and they suffer.

Bard, Monk, Werewolf - These classes are in their own category until they reach high level. Until high level, a bard doesn't heal well enough to compensate for equivalent damage and thac0 of clerics. As well, until high enough lvl, monks and wolves don't do high enough damage to kill mobs quickly and be put in the second category of classes.

Anyway, people can argue all they want with my assessment - I encourage it. But, this is just my opinion. Multi-classes are derivations of their above combined classes. I am not making any judgments as to what is a best/better type of class, but just a blanket assessment. I'm trying to learn how to not get smoked as Jarlaxle. Heh.

Realms ForumText Caps & StoriesM/A Sucka!
Page:  ·1· ·2·