clerics of kamira

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
merton
clerics of kamira
Saturday, September 22nd, 2007 at 11:04 pm
I just made a cleric of kamira to try one out. I made it to level 4 so far and have not successfully peeked once. In addition, the skill hasnt increased yet either. Is this a bug or is it something that they dont aquire until a higher level?

midori
Re: clerics of kamira
Monday, December 31st, 2007 at 2:42 pm
I made up to 8. So far nothing really special. Anyone else have experience or info about Kamira. How would one play it?

Melee has some luck involved.

Do spellcasting - stun/cast/cast have luck involved?

As I imagine having lucky/melee would use Kamira's Luck. But then again, it doesn't have any offensive like other melee clerics (ares-bash/berserk, enoch/ceris turn/holyword, gradius- smother/conjure, aramon -animate)

But stun/cast is more of a clerics role because of it's 5hp/4mp and 4 sec cast. But luck is not involved in spellcasting.

So do they steal as good as thieves? Or a 3 levels before a thief? Or they steal same level and thieves can steal 1 above their own level.

Do they get dodge/riposte?
It's only just luckily misses?/lucky crits
Can they dodge spells?
Dodge perms that normally can not be dodged.

Just wondering why how to play one. If one decided to invest into one.

Midori.

midori
Monday, February 4th, 2008 at 7:38 pm
After playing Kamira for awhile, I find that this cleric class is actually quite fun to play.

Here are some of the pros and cons
Hitting is pretty good if you have good str. I am hoping as I level and prof raise that crits will be my offense + casting.

Natural misses without good armor. This part is the best.
Kamira dodge hits.

Good for exploring stuff with the hiding, searching sneaking, picking and peeking.

Tick fast with the +5 piety pray.
Vigs from 10-17 with average around 12-15

Sell items for good money

Haven't fixed anything yet. So I don't know if my luck effects repairs.

With good savings throws, I am sure you can avoid a lot of damage.

Cleric casting bonus for bless/protect with neutral int.

Similar to an Enoch Cleric without the turn/holyword.

Easier to level with solid vigs, natural miss, dodge and good aura allows you to camp longer at mobs spots.

Cons
Offensively not a lot of options beside hitting/casting. No turning/holyword/backstab.

Unknown
Stealing is based on Pty. I am not sure if the steal is based on a dice roll of pty versus mob pty or mob dex. Whether if kamira can steal at same level or 1 level above. How does it compare to thief stealing at the same level?

Consider Cleric of Kamira if
You don't have a cleric or a thief and wish to have a char that can do both healing/stealing/exploring without too much investment in armor. You would still need good weapons though because that is your primary offense. But you can have ac 3-8 and not get hit most of the time.

If you want to steal and considering your options of either a pure thief or multiclass thief or kamira cleric. Cleric might be an option.

Pure Thief = harder to level without a group to either vig or circle. low hp and weak vigs makes leveling to 16, 18, 22 harder.

Fighter/thief or thief/mage = harder to level because of the multiclass exp and skills 3 levels lower than pure class. Slightly easier because you can circle and don't need a group to help level.

Kamira cleric seems like the easier to get higher levels faster and more verstile in terms of also being a good group support with healing.

advan

disaron
Monday, February 4th, 2008 at 9:08 pm
the code is out there :P go look over it.

Realms ForumQuestionsclerics of kamira