Demographics

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Demographics
Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 at 12:17 am
Demographics on the website is working again. Working on the mud code has made me sorta gloss over the website :P

You'll notice deity breakdown is still broken. This will be fixed on the Friday code push.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

Bodhi
Watcher
Re: Demographics
Monday, September 24th, 2007 at 12:12 am
I am curious how the skills work in regards to comparing pre-skill abilities vs. current skill levels.

If I am correct in my interpretation, a level 1 will train (up to) 10 skill points in any of his/her skills. This is the way it goes all the way up to level 30... So, beginning in a level, you actually perform your skills at the ability of someone one level below yours, and only when you are fully trained will you perform skills at your level!?

Now, I am sure that this will just take some adjustment, and it definitely allows for more flexibility on the back-end, but for face value, it seems like all of the players have just been docked a full level sans the hp/mp gain. Am I interpreting this correctly?

I fully trust that you (Dom and Bane) are keeping things in mind for the greater scale, I just wanted a clarification. Thanks mucho!

-Bodhi

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Demographics
Monday, September 24th, 2007 at 8:15 am
Level 1 - 10 we take (skill level + 5 ) / 10 to get your "apparent" level this it averages out to be slightly better than before. After level 10 we divide by i believe 9.5 so slightly different curve there.

-Bane

Realms ForumAnnouncementsDemographics