Buff weathered's?

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Avelyn
Buff weathered's?
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 2:12 am
Is this a bug, or do they just have a ton of hp?

(55 H 14 M 44851X): You attempt to hide in the shadows.
You slip into the shadows unnoticed.
(55 H 14 M 44851X): You attempt to backstab the weathered old pirate.
You backstabbed the weathered old pirate for 54 damage.
(55 H 14 M 44851X): You kicked the weathered old pirate for 14 damage.
(55 H 14 M 44851X): The weathered old pirate missed you.
(55 H 14 M 44851X): You slashed the weathered old pirate for 22 damage.
(55 H 14 M 44851X): You see a weathered old pirate.
He looks to be in quite a foul mood. I wouldn't bother him.
He has some small wounds and bruises.
He looks very angry at you.
He is attacking you.
He is a little better than you.

huklebuc
Re: Buff weathered's?
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 2:43 am
This happens alot on a variety of mobs. Especially if you crit them right away, or bs them or bite them, they will usually tick full before your next attack. Whether it is a bug or not......

Avelyn
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 2:46 am
Well, if this isn't a bug, it rendars backstab completely useless.

huklebuc
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 3:04 am
kill em quicker

Hanzo
Watcher
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 3:30 am
I don't know the mechanics behind it, but Huklebuc is right, it does happen to alot of mobs. It seems to occur on the ones that have been baited, and have been standing there a while. I've had gnomish minstrels at "nearly dead", and then on the next hit, not only do they survive, but they are in excellent condition.

If it's a big problem, start killing from the back to the front. That way you'll be attacking the fresher ones. Just let the older ones wander.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 12:20 pm
If it is a bug, it's going to be very hard to track down, especially if we dont know why certain mobs tick and other mobs dont.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

huklebuc
Re: Re: Buff weathered's?
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 12:29 pm
Dominus wrote:
If it is a bug, it's going to be very hard to track down, especially if we dont know why certain mobs tick and other mobs dont.

The ones that I have encountered that do this are:
weathered pirates, longshoreman, gnomish minstrels, fortune tellers, seraphetic defenders, fisher priests, wandering paladins, halfling assassins, I'm sure there are a few more that I'm forgetting.

Slide
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 7:00 pm
I used to document this all the time on Slide. They've looked into it plenty fruitlessly. The mobs just somehow magically go to full. I've even had it so i show looking at them numerous times and between rounds they just autotick. It's not when they're just backstabbed, usually it's in the mdidle of the fight, but it seems like a hopeless endeavor. It happened a lot on my lich too, I used to throw a final cast when something was nearly dead only to find that it was full again and I had no time left.

Anyway, it's never going to be fixed in all likelihood. It's not down to any particular mob and it doesn't happen a hell of a lot so it doesn't make anything any more useless than anything else. but if it does help Dom's search any i'm almost positive that it's not a phenomenom directly related to the backstab, i've had it happen on varieties of characters at random times.

Avelyn
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 8:18 pm
It's not so much that they tick, but when they tick from "nearly dead" to "excellent condition" is what's so epic. Crying

disaron
Friday, May 25th, 2007 at 12:59 am
in my experience it just mobs that sit there for awhile. most of the ones listed are the main mobs that do it, but in my playing time, its a lot worse when circle is involved. Also, if a mob is attacking someone else, it never happens, because if I go to shadow demons, and they are attacking someone esle, they will not tick. Same for other mobs. Its something I have learned to deal with, but its only been the last 3 years or so, previously this did not happen. I don't know what triggered it but I have dealt with it and its really no biggie.

Realms ForumText Caps & StoriesBuff weathered's?
Page:  ·1· ·2·