Quest ideas

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
kreig
Quest ideas
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 10:00 am
I was thinking how cool it would be to enter a quest line by casting a spell on a particular perm.

For example: You find your character in an igloo and there is a shivering little girl. When spoken too the little girl might say something simple. Maybe... The shivering little girl speaks thru clenched teeth, "S-s-s-so cold". Well, in order to get the first item in the quest the player would have to cast, say, warmth on the little girl. At which point the little girl would thank the player and cough up a quest item.

Obviously the item would have to be set on a timer or have the one time quest exp (something stupid like 5exp) so the player couldn't continually cast warmth to get a ton of quest items.

-OR-

Add in split decision quests. Like... You finish the engulf quest and get the scroll. Then you could continue that farther by trading in the engulf scroll for something else. Maybe a different spell that might appeal to a hit/vig class, or a sweet set of rings for fighting classes. So for players that dont really need level 4 offensive spells this could be a fair alternative. But by doing this you will lock yourself from ever having engulf in your spells list.

But yeah! That's about it. Was just some junk I was thinken about the other day.

kreig
Re: Quest ideas
Sunday, May 13th, 2007 at 3:02 am
no one huh....

haha! At least I tried

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionQuest ideas