class ideas

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Slide
class ideas
Friday, May 11th, 2007 at 6:40 pm
Just some random ideas.

Fighters and berserkers kinda suck.

Fighters: Throw ability. It throws weapons (except missile) at a target for, say, normal damage x1.5. It would cause the weapon to drop and cause it pretty severe damage, like 20 shots off the weapon. Maybe a 40 second timer. It would make them an interesting class, better than just their circle.

Berserker: They were very fun, balanced and playable before the MP was gone. They just need 1 mp/l.

Zombie class: There is a full mage undead class, and a fighter/mage undead class (vamp), there's no pure fighter undead class. Zombie!! Make this one like berserker is now: lots of HP, no mp. They're unpoisonable and assumably have default infravision, so they have little use for spells. Undead strength provides them extra dmg at night, say, and consume ability to regain hp by killing creatures. This class would be awesome =D.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: class ideas
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 12:01 am
Mp is being removed from fighting classes....we won't be giving it back. Fighters and such are next on the list to have it removed. We'll be adding in new abilities and such to make up for the loss so it will even out.

luminaire
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 2:55 am
It's been a long time coming...hopefully class-specific spells won't be far behind.

kreig
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 7:28 am
Im kinda diggen the zombie class. You would have to make them more suseptable to weapons and less to magic. Kinda like a lich. You know... considering they are rotting out from underneath themselves.

Hanzo
Watcher
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 8:10 am
Zombie: It sounds a little too powerful. You are giving it the strengths of a berserker, pure counters to its weaknesses, and even more benefits, like more damage, not to mention passivity from other undead.

To counter poison, you've made it immune to poison (since it is undead).
To counter the inability to cast, you've given it infravision.
To counter slow ticking, you've given it an instant mass HP recovery.

There needs to be balance. It would definitely need to be as vulnerable to physical attacks as a lich, as Cujo mentioned. Since it is a zombie, it would need to be ridiculously slow. Going from room to room would incur delays, like moving through water does for players. Attacking would also need to be on a slower timer, say every 4 seconds instead of 3.

disaron
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 12:53 pm
fighters with no mp is rediculous. i like it tho, cause clerics will be useful now

zale
Re: Re: class ideas
Saturday, May 12th, 2007 at 4:18 pm
Bane wrote:
Mp is being removed from fighting classes....we won't be giving it back. Fighters and such are next on the list to have it removed. We'll be adding in new abilities and such to make up for the loss so it will even out.

Does that mean there will be no healing abilities?

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Sunday, May 13th, 2007 at 1:13 am
I'm not sure. My idea is to move them more to a class that absorbs or tanks more damage, clerics should be the healers. An idea being tossed around internally is giving them rage instead of mp. While in combat doing damage, getting hit etc, they build up rage, the rage points can then be used for special skills.

I have no problem with fighters etc having special abilities, what i do have a problem with is non casting classes using "spells". We can give them some of the same effects via abilities.

-Bane

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: class ideas
Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 10:49 am
Bane wrote:

This, however, is a LONG way off.......
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 12:07 pm
two months at most, near top of my list of priorities Smile

Realms ForumIn-Game Discussionclass ideas