Changes - v2.45b

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
Bane
Dungeonmaster
Changes - v2.45b
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 4:45 pm
These are the changes you can expect to see when version 2.45b goes live.

Healing: In steps towards balancing healing classes in groups, healing done to someone in combat, will now add you to the enemy list of people attacking your target. (It wont add you to the front of the list yet, just add you to the list. It will go towards the threat based system [see below])

Group Experience: I haven't finished tweaking the formulas yet, but the days of low levels freeloading are soon behind us. Group exp will examine the 'effort' done by everyone in the group and ignore freeloaders. Freeloaders are defined as someone who doesn't contribute to the death of the monster (directly through damage done, or indirectly through healing/stuns/circles done).

Effort that was expended to kill the monster will be calculated, divided by the number of people there to get "Average Effort" per person, and if any individual does less than say 25-50% of the average effort, they will no longer receive experience for that monster.

Future Versions (Possibly v2.46): In future versions I'm moving to a "Group Object" that will keep track of contributions to the group over several fights instead of just the current fight. Additionally we'll be moving to a threat based system: IE: The monster is going to attack the person that has pissed him off the most, not the person who hit him last. Threat will be added for healing done, buffs done, damage done, and other special abilities done.

We'll be testing this on a limited basis in the next few weeks before it goes live.

-Bane

disaron
Re: Changes - v2.45b
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 5:10 pm
Good to hear about group xp. Too bad its a year late!

disaron
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 5:12 pm
Also Bane, will healing go into effort? There are some thing we kill where my main focus is keeping people alive. If I had to focus on healing and attacking, others would die.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 5:14 pm
Quote:
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 3:10 pm
Good to hear about group xp. Too bad its a year late!

I've been meaning to do it for a while, but real life you know.

Quote:
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 3:12 pm
Also Bane, will healing go into effort? There are some thing we kill where my main focus is keeping people alive. If I had to focus on healing and attacking, others would die.

Yup, that's the reason for my first point. Effort for now will include damage done, or damage healed. We'll expand on that later when we include more beneficial spells. Some spells may in the future, have higher threat than others, but for now it'll just keep track of the amount healed.

-Bane

Usagi
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 6:52 pm
Well ... better late than never! Smile

I've been looking forward to having some sort of threat system. Will make monsters seem a lot smarter ... vs. how they are now: "Durrrr, where's that last guy that hit me".

More awesome things that will take us away from Mordor MUDs~~
Usagi <27> Werewolf. Sexy furball.
Plu <40> Mage/Thief. Pickpocketing for justice.
Ulp <40> Cleric (Ares). Lifts a ton, but can't spell it.
Miko <40> Cleric/Assassin (Aramon). She uses teeth.
Nili <40> Cleric (Gradius). Bearded woman.

elder
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 8:56 pm
So whens the P-WIPE? anytime soon?

Ocelot
Dungeonmaster
Friday, January 22nd, 2010 at 11:40 am
LOL!
"There's nothing wrong with shooting, so long as the right people get shot." --Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: Changes - v2.45b
Friday, January 22nd, 2010 at 12:17 pm
elder wrote:
So whens the P-WIPE? anytime soon?

As soon as Ocelot finishes up the final programming touches on our soon to be released MMORPG - The Realms of Hell Online MMORPG version!

-Bane

Jacko
Sunday, January 24th, 2010 at 5:17 pm
I think it would be cool if monsters had threat(aggro, hate, ect.), and overcoming their threat to strike at better targets, ie: clerics doing more than x amount of healing, or wizards going more than x amount of damage based on the int of the monster.

So it would be easier to raid some stupid giants than it would to attack an intelligent wizard, who may know to take out enemy wizards sooner.

Bane
Dungeonmaster
Re: Re: Changes - v2.45b
Sunday, January 24th, 2010 at 11:51 pm
Jacko wrote:
I think it would be cool if monsters had threat(aggro, hate, ect.), and overcoming their threat to strike at better targets, ie: clerics doing more than x amount of healing, or wizards going more than x amount of damage based on the int of the monster.

So it would be easier to raid some stupid giants than it would to attack an intelligent wizard, who may know to take out enemy wizards sooner.

That's coming up next.

Realms ForumAnnouncementsChanges - v2.45b
Page:  ·1· ·2·