Anyone Watch The Debate?

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
luminaire
Anyone Watch The Debate?
Friday, September 26th, 2008 at 11:57 pm
You know...the presidential one?

Jacko
Re: Anyone Watch The Debate?
Saturday, September 27th, 2008 at 1:48 pm
Ya know, I try to be as partisan as I can, as much as I can. But this debate really went 50/50 for me. No one stood out, and there wasn't much ground made for either candidate.

McCain sounded stiff, since he fumbled a lot of the canned responses he's memorized. Often time repeating the same thing over and over and fumbling over the question, or just not even answering it.

Obama just didn't land any hits that stuck, and he really needed to because McCain wasn't looking as strong on foreign policy which is normally thought of as his strong suit.

More time was spent on economy than was planned, and they both sounded confident that they could fix it, and it ended with an agree to disagree mentality that just didn't answer any questions for the voters.

Anyway, even though I think McCain and the rest of the Republican party are slime and should all be in jail. I'd give them a 50/50 as far as the debate.

luminaire
Saturday, September 27th, 2008 at 8:56 pm
Agreed.

With the exception McCain's height comment about South Koreans vs. North Koreans. I'm pretty sure I know where he was going with the thought but it came out totally random and awkward.

Jacko
Sunday, September 28th, 2008 at 7:34 am
He still refers to them as 'gooks'. Obama made the great hit about the 'bomb bomb Iran' song and dance number. But only after he accused Obama was too open about how he would deal with sovereign nations militarily, which is a stupid point since the right was the one forcing him to make a stand in the first place.

Realms ForumNon-Game DiscussionAnyone Watch The Debate?