Gradius Clerics

Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
Page:  ·1· ·2·
� Previous :: Next �
AuthorMessage
delta
Watcher
Gradius Clerics
Sunday, March 25th, 2007 at 12:14 pmEdits: 2   Last Edit: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 7:17 pm
I'm playing Delta as a Gradius cleric, currently level 11 (got restored to a level 10 cleric; unfortunately, not to my fighter). Gradius cleric is a well-rounded class, not exceptional in pkilling, fighting, casting, or healing; nor terrible either.

However, I think that the aura restrictions placed on Gradius clerics do not fit the class. Currently, Gradius cleric loses the earth-smother ability and have a healing penalty when not-grey. He then loses the conjure ability when beyond pink or light blue. At red or blue, the Gradius cleric is very weak; at royal blue or blood red, he may want to consider a lifestyle change.

I propose that the "working aura" range for Gradius clerics be extended to grey-blue (but not royal blue). Reasons:

1) Most dwarven mobs in the game have a bluish aura. Roleplaying would make much more sense.

2) Gradius clerics are fighting-clerics. It makes sense for Enoch and Aramon clerics to retain their extreme auras, and for the neutral, peace-loving Ceris to stay neutral. However, Gradius does not fall under these categories. Also, while dwarves are rough and gruff on the outside, many are good-hearted on the inside (though not "righteous," which would preclude them from taking a royal blue aura).

3) This would allow the creation of an alternative dark-dwarven class, which would be oriented towards the opposite aura alignment.

Just an idea...more for roleplaying than anything else. In all other ways, I'm happy with Gradius clerics as they are.

Arcen
Watcher
Re: Gradius Clerics
Sunday, March 25th, 2007 at 3:25 pm
I somewhat agree with this post. But i'm just proposing a different idea I guess. Currently I have a level 13 cleric of gradius, with relevels to 16. I find he is my hardest class to play because if i don't tiptoe around his alignment he because a ton weaker. Gradius already have docked vigs compared to normal clerics, so why dock that again as sooon as they hit pink/light blue..My suggestion is simply to extend the range at which they are affected.
For instance they're vigs stay the same, and they can still smother while light blue or pinkish...but as soon as they hit reddish or bluish that changes. It is already hard enough being in a group as a gradius without completely sucking (unless ur partying with other neutral orientated classes). But basically the group you're in won't really be worrying too much about alignment, so your class will suffer..and end up just being some low vigging cleric that only melee's.

delta
Watcher
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 3:08 pm
Took exactly a month, and a little less than before, but it finally get implemented!
: smother a
Gradius requires you to be grey or light blue to do that.

So....Gradius is shifted towards blue, just as dwarves should be. It also appears smother is less likely to happen when light blue....or I'm just having a streak of bad luck.

Dominus
Dungeonmaster
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 4:22 pm
You might be having bad luck, but I'll make sure.
Angel Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. Evil

disaron
Re: Re: Gradius Clerics
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 6:57 pm
delta wrote:
Took exactly a month, and a little less than before, but it finally get implemented!
: smother a
Gradius requires you to be grey or light blue to do that.

So....Gradius is shifted towards blue, just as dwarves should be. It also appears smother is less likely to happen when light blue....or I'm just having a streak of bad luck.

i dont really see why dwarves were changed, i think this makes them too powerful. This is a horrible idea and I hope it is changed back. There have been quite a few ppl level past 16 on gradius without griping or any problems at all. Suck it up or play a new class.

delta
Watcher
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 7:23 pm
You are mistaken. Light blue is a narrow aura range. Now if Gradius clerics could go to pink as well, that would be a different story. However, the change as is, makes them fit into the general profile of a dwarf better, which is grey->blue.

I know this because I have played a dwarf since I started here, and I am actively playing a Gradius cleric. You are not. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but to call it "horrible" is just unthinking blather.

disaron
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 7:47 pm
delta wrote:
You are mistaken. Light blue is a narrow aura range. Now if Gradius clerics could go to pink as well, that would be a different story. However, the change as is, makes them fit into the general profile of a dwarf better, which is grey->blue.

I know this because I have played a dwarf since I started here, and I am actively playing a Gradius cleric. You are not. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but to call it "horrible" is just unthinking blather.

lol, if thats blather, then its blather for you to say an enoch should have the same weapon restricts as gradius and aramon, even though the help file says we are martial in nature, and better with weapons/armor

delta
Watcher
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 8:39 pm
No, I wouldn't call it blather, simply because it's a fundamental limitation of clerics. You're basing your argument for weapon restrictions for Enoch on help files that are currently being rewritten. The fact that Gradius can be blue, however, stems from nearly all dwarven mobs in the game.

disaron
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 at 9:23 pm
delta wrote:
No, I wouldn't call it blather, simply because it's a fundamental limitation of clerics. You're basing your argument for weapon restrictions for Enoch on help files that are currently being rewritten. The fact that Gradius can be blue, however, stems from nearly all dwarven mobs in the game.

a dm has never said anything about help files be rewritten, either way, enochs are still martial in nature, not pansy vig bitches, cough ceris

Arcen
Watcher
Friday, April 27th, 2007 at 3:32 am
Technically in the help file it says Gradius is second only to ares when it comes to war/fighting etc. Just sayin

Realms ForumIn-Game DiscussionGradius Clerics
Page:  ·1· ·2·